Upgraded from 7.x to 8.09 and . . .

LAYGO

Experienced
. . . it's like 'reassigned' my pedals. What used to be 122 is like 350 now (approx). I can't figure out what's going on. I can't find anything askew in the I/O menu. I remember something about sending a 0-2 to pick the bank, but thought that was on my pedal only? There have been no changes to the FCB1010. It's been unplugged for almost 2 months.

Am I missing something?

There may have been some functionality for "program change offset." Say you set it to 50 then send a program change of 1 what would happen is the Axe-FX would go to process a PC of 51.

I can't remember which menu its in.

Hit the I/O button... page over to the MIDI page... scroll down and look for MIDI PC Offset. What value is there?

I will check it. It's at the practice space & I'm on the way to Austin to see Butthole Surfers on Halloween!

LAYGO said:
. . . it's like 'reassigned' my pedals. What used to be 122 is like 350 now (approx). I can't figure out what's going on.

That's why I switched back to 7.04....got my tone (hear it in the Recordings-Section of the forum) :lol:

Cliff added a program change offset, and it doesn't default to 0. All you have to do is set it to 0 and your controller will once again call up the correct presets.

Mr.PC said:
LAYGO said:
. . . it's like 'reassigned' my pedals. What used to be 122 is like 350 now (approx). I can't figure out what's going on.

That's why I switched back to 7.04....got my tone (hear it in the Recordings-Section of the forum) :lol:
For me that's no reason to stay at a particular firmware... I would at least backup my patches and firmware and 'start from scratch' and see where I can get with the latest firmware.

I was not aware of the PC Offset change.

Odd.

But, I got it fixed by setting it back to 0. I can think of so many uses for it though. Toggling through different sets of presets for the same song.

Example:
presets 1-20 are your typical setlist, works good for situation A
presets 40-60 are the same presets, but config'd to work better for situation B
presets 80-100 are again the same, but config'd to work better for situation C

Now to simply reconfig your gig that night to situation C, simple change the PC Offset to 80. You click the same pedals for the same songs in the same spots on your rig.

Confused the fook out of me because I didn't know wtf was going on . . . at first.

Thanks MWorkman for the fix . . .

LAYGO said:
I was not aware of the PC Offset change.

Odd.

But, I got it fixed by setting it back to 0. I can think of so many uses for it though. Toggling through different sets of presets for the same song.

Example:
presets 1-20 are your typical setlist, works good for situation A
presets 40-60 are the same presets, but config'd to work better for situation B
presets 80-100 are again the same, but config'd to work better for situation C

Now to simply reconfig your gig that night to situation C, simple change the PC Offset to 80. You click the same pedals for the same songs in the same spots on your rig.

Didn't know this feature was in there either. Must have defaulted to 0 on my Axe-FX when I upgraded.

That's a great use for it there though! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom