Upgrade to 9.02, expression pedals don't work

schaff

Hey guys, upgraded to 9.02 finally(omg is all i have to say)...everything works great except I cant get my expression pedals to work. Im running two standard yamaha pedals through my GCX ground control. Here's what I've done troubleshooting:
GCX Is recognizing all motion of the pedals and registering values of 00-127
GCX is sending pedals 1 and 2 on CC17 and CC18 respectively
Im getting midi signal to the Axe Fx
Axe FX is configured to Extern 2: CC17 Extern 3: CC18
I have calibrated both pedals on the axe fx
The when I go into the window for the parameter I want it to control...lets say delay feedback...My curve shows the pedal moving the little dot, however it is very jumpy and it makes no sense as to where it goes in relation to the pedal movement...aka i can move the pedal forward and the dot moves backwards some, then forward on the curve, then jumps to the bottom.

Any ideas??

Try recalibrating the pedals (probably info on how to do that in the GCX manual).

I had this problem too.. It reset the Scale of the pedal... Go into the volume block or what, etc select the parameter being controlled by the peda, hit "enter" and make sure the "Scale" is set to 1.0

I had a similar issue and that turned out to be poor cables :)

They where not dead so it made some kind of connection but so poorly it didn't work,
got a new set and baam .. :)

just an idea :)

//Kenneth

The scale of all parameters is still set to 1.0. However I did notice if I move the pedal very slowly it is tracking. It is just incredibly latent in recieving the message. none of my other CC messages have this problem. I did also check the "damp" setting and it is set to 0 ms. Any more ideas??

Back
Top Bottom