Updating Ultra to 10.05

bfinn19

Using Axe-Edit (0.9.191) to attempt to update my Ultra firmware to 10.05, to no avail:

Using the same MIDI setup I used to previously update to 10.01 (M-Audio Delta PCI, Windows XP SP3, latest Delta driver), the update fails with the "check MIDI settings" error.

10.01 uses a sysex ID of 00 00 7d, and I understand the later versions change this to 00 01 74.

Is this where the problem lies? Of course, if I change the sysex prior to the update, Axe-Edit can't see the Ultra - Catch-22.

An tips on getting this to fly?

Thx

Im at work now, so dont have axe edit to look at, but in the midi settings window, you should confirm what midi device is being used and also run the midi connection test there. Can you send/receive patches or ir's??

Have you looked at recent posts about other's difficulties with updating the firmware? there are heaps of posts.

I dont understand what the problem with changing the ID to what the axe fx is currently on would be..

Last edited:
Yeah I've checked other posts -- sounds like a fairly common problem. Right MIDI device is selected, Axe-Edit has no problem communicating with the Ultra. Tried changing the buffer settings as well.

Win XP also has a MIDI/USB issue where you can run out of MIDI ports, sometimes just by moving the adapter to a different USB port. A web search should turn up a fix should that turn out to be the issue.

My MIDI I/O is PCI-based (M-Audio Delta Audiophile), so no USB issues. After countless hours of agony, turns out the most recent driver for the M-Audio Delta is the problem. When I rolled it back to an earlier version of the driver, the update proceeded without a hitch :)

Back
Top Bottom