Updating the MFC-101: Midi Issue.

dank

Inspired
Updating the MFC-101: Midi Issue. SOLVED.

I recently updated my Axe-FX II while still on a PC. I didn't have time to update my MFC-101. I just bought a new iMac and tried to update the MFC. The iMac will not recognize my M-Audio Midisport 8x8S midi interface.

After a bit of research, I have found that M-Audio has not updated its drives for Mac. So much for my interface.

Any suggestions for a new midi interface that is supported by Apple?

Am I correct that I cannot update the MFC via the Ethernet connection to the Axe with the Axe connecting to the iMac via USB?

Thank you.

Dan

Last edited:
I know I need a midi cable, and I had watched Chris' video previously. My problem is that the iMac is not recognizing my midi interface. I see that Chris is using an M-Audio Uno with a Mac. I guess the lack of an updated drive for the Uno does not affects its performance.

I know I need a midi cable, and I had watched Chris' video previously. My problem is that the iMac is not recognizing my midi interface. I see that Chris is using an M-Audio Uno with a Mac. I guess the lack of an updated drive for the Uno does not affects its performance.
In that video he shows how to use the Axe-FX II as the USB to MIDI interface so you don't need to use the Uno.

Porblem solved. Thanks for everyone's help.

New question: Now that the MFC has been updates, it shows the number od a preset, but it does not show the NAME of the preset. Why?

Are you seeing "Name Timeout" on the display? Change the MIDI I/O on the MFC back to CAT-5.

Mr. X,

I am seeing it, but I have removed the midi cable, and the Ethernet cable is in place.

EUREKA! I forgot to change Midi to Expansion on the MFC. Life is good again.

Last edited:
Sorry, "Expansion" is what I meant, not CAT-5. Couldn't remember what the setting was called.

Back
Top Bottom