Updating the firmware.......?

blueswede

So I am trying to update to the latest firmware. I have Fractal Bot installed; I turn on the unit and connect to my computer using the USB out to a USB port on my computer. When I open FB I get a screen that says "Ready, Set and Go" and asks what device I'm using. I type FX8. Then it prompts to FX midi on the next two options. But that's as far as I can go......I can't browse or begin. Nothing happens......what am I doing wrong?

So I am trying to update to the latest firmware. I have Fractal Bot installed; I turn on the unit and connect to my computer using the USB out to a USB port on my computer. When I open FB I get a screen that says "Ready, Set and Go" and asks what device I'm using. I type FX8. Then it prompts to FX midi on the next two options. But that's as far as I can go......I can't browse or begin. Nothing happens......what am I doing wrong?
If have a new mark 2 you select that from the dropdown.

It sounds like the computer is not talking to the fx8.

Hmmmm....that's not what Fractal says. The manual specifically says how simple it is and all you have to do is connected via USB.

Hmmmm....that's not what Fractal says. The manual specifically says how simple it is and all you have to do is connected via USB.
The FX8 communicates to Fractal-Bot and FX8-Edit via MIDI over USB. A USB connection is all you require. If you continue to have connection issues, please contact Fractal support (support.fractalaudio.com).

Nothing was mentioned about having to connect other than USB. I stated that the connection is "midi over USB"

From the FX8 manual:
"Backing up and restoring the FX8 is handled using Fractal-Bot, our free MIDI UTILITY.
Find it at http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php"

It uses midi through the USB connection.

Close out all browsers and restart your computer. Again, some browsers like to hijack midi ports.

Back
Top Bottom