Updating should not be so hard!

chris5150

Inspired
Well it's done my mfc is now running 2.15.... This has just taken me 4hrs to do!!.
Basically I tried midi ox, kept telling me 'no buffers available, close other applications to free up space' so removed midi ox from the laptop, restarted it, downloaded midi ox again and tried again, same problem, set buffers to 256 and 60 ms etc but still wouldn't play. Plan b,downloaded bome and tried again , this time it transmitted the file fine, but at 100% complete switched off mfc, turned it on again to be met by error 14, researched that and couldn't find any conclusive reason why it failed. So dropped the speed and sent it again, error 14 again. Downloaded the file again from fractal, tried again ... Nope error 14 everytime, tried it at all different transmit speeds, super slow, super fast, medium, you name it I tried it... To be greeted everytime with err 14.... Now 2.5 hrs in and really peed off... Decided I would try mid ox again and looked at all the stuff on wiki ...my f7 box was not ticked on the config, so ticked that and whey hey, this time the file transmitted, guess what, error 13 this time... Argh hh... Getting to the point of chucking the laptop and mfc out the window!!.... Downloaded the file yet again from the fractal website, 3 more attempts and each time it stops at 99%.... Right , I will give it one more attempt then I am calling it a day ... Guess what the last attempt 4 hrs in and it gets to 100% and I get 'update complete' message... I can hardly contain my excitement , I turn off the mfc , fingers crossed, I power it up again and unbelievably it has done it.. I am on 2.15.... So why it worked that last time I have no idea all just seemed a bit hit and miss.... Why has it got to be such a hassle.... Midi I hate you!!!
This update was done using tha axe2 ,previously I had done updates with a midi sport , and that was awful too, used to take several attempts to get an update to take for no apparent reason.... I hate midi.... Got better things to do with 4 hours !!

I've always followed the update guides and have had zero issues. Takes about 3 min to update. I've used a pc and a Mac to update too. Sorry it was so difficult for you, I imagine that would be terribly frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How odd, took me 2 mins for the last update. Used sysex librarian on my Mac Pro, midi connected from my Focusrite sapphire 56. I just pull the send out the back of my control universal, whack it in the MFC and follow the instructions.

Yes very odd, strangely the previous update went exactly as u have said , couple of minutes first time.... I think this one I will just have to chalk Upto ' odd'
Hopefully next Time I need to do it we will revert to fast n easy!

Back
Top Bottom