updating problem

hey guys,
i am using the latest version of midiox and an Maudio 24/96 auodiophile sound card which comes with a midi interface. i am trying to update from version 6.07 to the latest one. I have just updated the drivers on the sound card and the following is what happens when i try to update the firmware.

1...the progress bar on the midiox and the axefx follow eachother all the way till about 80% (it takes about 10-15min for them both to get there, then the axefx progress bar dives back to 10% while the midiox one stays on 80% and keeps going.
2...when the midiox is finished, the axe is still at 10% and it either freezes requiring a restart or the lights on the axe light up (as if its finished) and then it automatically goes back to my last preset.
3...i take a look at the firmware version on the axefx and it hasn't changed at all, even after i reboot.

i have adjusted the "millisecond bettween buffers" on the midiox to 200ms and the "delay after F7" to 200ms as well. also the "input and output" buffer sizes are set to 256bytes and the number on both it 16.

the only thing i can come up with is that my sound card may not "like" talking the axefx? has anyone done a successful firmware update with an Maudio 24/96 audiophile interface?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

peter_traj said:
hey guys,
i am using the latest version of midiox and an Maudio 24/96 auodiophile sound card which comes with a midi interface. i am trying to update from version 6.07 to the latest one. I have just updated the drivers on the sound card and the following is what happens when i try to update the firmware.

1...the progress bar on the midiox and the axefx follow eachother all the way till about 80% (it takes about 10-15min for them both to get there, then the axefx progress bar dives back to 10% while the midiox one stays on 80% and keeps going.
2...when the midiox is finished, the axe is still at 10% and it either freezes requiring a restart or the lights on the axe light up (as if its finished) and then it automatically goes back to my last preset.
3...i take a look at the firmware version on the axefx and it hasn't changed at all, even after i reboot.

i have adjusted the "millisecond bettween buffers" on the midiox to 200ms and the "delay after F7" to 200ms as well. also the "input and output" buffer sizes are set to 256bytes and the number on both it 16.

the only thing i can come up with is that my sound card may not "like" talking the axefx? has anyone done a successful firmware update with an Maudio 24/96 audiophile interface?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Have you ever tried to update with the editor?
I´ve always updateded with the editor and it worked great.
I can't comment about either, your soundcard or midiox because I never used it but, it seems to me that the problem is with midiox settings.

I have not had good luck with MidiOx... but SendSX has always worked for me (except once). Try that.

The good news is that your PC, your midi interface, and your Axe-FX seem to be able to talk to one-another. That's frequently where people have trouble. It seems like that issue is out of the way for you, so just try SendSX (or like Strataxe suggested, try your luck with the Editor).

Daniel

thanks for your repy.
i just tried to update the firmware via the software editior and the same this happens--it gets to about 80% and then the progress bar on the axefx jumps back down to 10%. i think it must be my hardware then--would you agree?????

Hmmm, I wouldn't think so. I would suggest downloading the firmware again (your .syx file might be corrupt or incomplete), and then try it again.

Back
Top Bottom