Updating presets and Banks

JackoMBA

Hi guys,

Fairly new to the Axe-FX. I want to upload Bank A, B, and C to my Axe-FX(I got the files from the download page on the site). I'm using these instructions and using MidiOx:

How to download/upload patches - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

It looks like I'm able to backup my presets successfully (I backed up my Bank A and it's 263kb in size).

I downloaded the Banks from the Fractal site and I'm trying to upload them to the Axe. I load the Bank A sysex into the Command Window, then hit Send Sysex. A progress bar appears then disapears when it's done (maybe 1 minute or 2 to complete). I don't get any confirmation message saying it's done; not sure if I'm supposed to. Once it's done, my presets are still the same. I'm assuming that presets 1-128 is Bank A.

Any pointers?

I tried just uploading one preset from Axe-Change and it works. It shows up on my Axe-FX, then I can edit and save it.

I'm just not sure why I can't upload a whole bank. :(

Hey John. Thanks for the reply!

I never thought of using Axe-Edit, since it crashes like crazy when I try to edit a patch. I tried it to update the banks and it works great. Duh.

Happy camper.

Try running an older version of axe edit. The newest version of axe edit crashes all the time for me too. I'm running vista I'm sure that's part of the problem. The version of axe edit before the latest one works perfectly for me.

I'll just wait a while to see if the new Axe-Edit comes out in December. If not, I'll try to find a more stable version that will run with my Ultra + Version 11 firmware.

I run 1.0.272 and yeah, it can crash a bit here and there, but overall, I've been able to get work done and load / move presets & banks (both from the unit and previously backed up files) without too much drama

Back
Top Bottom