Updates Firmware and Axe EDit But Axe Edit Wont Connect

Ok, I was able to find the MIDI Studio screen with the Rescan MIDI icon, but a message on the window is displaying "Loading…" and it is froze up

After waiting 10 minutes, I got this message:

MIDI server can not be opened.
Audio MIDI Setup couldn’t open the MIDI Server so you can’t view or edit your MIDI configurations.
If you recently installed a new MIDI driver, try uninstalling it and then open Audio MIDI Setup again. If Audio MIDI Setup works correctly after that, contact the driver’s manufacturer for further support.

I have not changed anything on the computer, except for reloading the AXE FX II driver

After waiting 10 minutes, I got this message:

MIDI server can not be opened.
Audio MIDI Setup couldn’t open the MIDI Server so you can’t view or edit your MIDI configurations.
If you recently installed a new MIDI driver, try uninstalling it and then open Audio MIDI Setup again. If Audio MIDI Setup works correctly after that, contact the driver’s manufacturer for further support.

I have not changed anything on the computer, except for reloading the AXE FX II driver

Still can not figure this out … Mac experts, please help

Where in windows did you access settings for axe edit??

This happened to me on my windows PC, and I just had to go into the communications settings of Axe Edit, and pick a USB port and it was fine

Sorry for being a bit newby here... but where DID YOU ACCESS THE COMMUNICATIONS SETTINGS ON Axe Edit????

I am actually really surprised that no one has a solution to this issue … this doesn't make any sense. I've had this Axe Fx II for about a year now and NEVER had an issue with USB before. It works fine on the PC still so I know it isn't the port on the Axe Fx II, and I have other stuff connected to the USB ports on the MAC, so the USB on the MAC is fine … It MUST be the latest driver or maybe an OS patch that I am not aware of installing … this has me completely BUMMED!!

Weird... I have axe edit latest version & Bot on windows 7 64, Ive loaded the latest USB driver ( beta 01.07.2014 ). The dcivers are present
& the audio midi seems to be there ok, but Bot doesn't work, & Axe Edit wont connect. I've loaded exactly the same stuff into my other PC
& it works fine ( although this is windows 7 32 bit )....any suggestions anyone... I've done most of the usuals...reinstalling drivers, software, cable changes..

I figured out my MIDI issue, or at least for the Axe Fx II ….

I removed the Midi profiles created by my Pro Tools and wallah, my Axe Edit was able to see the Axe Fx Midi ports for Input and Output and I am now back in business!

I hope this helps others that may have encountered this issue.
I will try and install new clean installs of the Pro Tools Midi profiles and I'll post any new discoveries or issues that effect the Axe Fx or Axe edit.
This issue appears to be a Pro Tools/Mac Audio Midi Setup issue that blocked any other Midi peripherals from working properly.

Weird... I have axe edit latest version & Bot on windows 7 64, Ive loaded the latest USB driver ( beta 01.07.2014 ). The dcivers are present
& the audio midi seems to be there ok, but Bot doesn't work, & Axe Edit wont connect. I've loaded exactly the same stuff into my other PC
& it works fine ( although this is windows 7 32 bit )....any suggestions anyone... I've done most of the usuals...reinstalling drivers, software, cable changes..

Have you tried reverting back to an earlier driver?

This happened to me on my windows PC, and I just had to go into the communications settings of Axe Edit, and pick a USB port and it was fine

This is still a current fix as of OS X 10.11.5 and AXE EDIT 3.7.2
FractalBot would reload firmware and banks of patches but Axe Edit refused to see the Axe FX II even after restarts shutdowns change cables and USB ports on the Mac until deselected the port to none then reselected The Axe Manually! Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom