Updated factory presets for AXE-FX III fw25

claudiopioli

Is it possible to download the updated factory presets for AXE-FXIII fw25 with updated amps ?
In the new FM9 beta post, there is a specific link, but not here.
Or are they the same factory presets as FM9 and I can import that ?

It's double not the same ;) Some were adapted to FM9 before, and now again to the slower one.

They should work though, I suppose.

Is it possible to download the updated factory presets for AXE-FXIII fw25 with updated amps ?
There has been no update to the factory presets for the FX3.

The FM9 factory presets are not the same as the FX3 presets in a number of cases; The FM9, even the Mk II Turbo, is still about half the power of the FX3 Mk I so some presets will overwhelm the FM9. The factory presets page in the Wiki helps explain when they diverge. You can load the FM9 factory presets into the FX3 but you'll be missing the originals in memory at that point.

I opened the first factory preset on the FX3, then used Edit's "Set in Multiple Presets" feature (<shift>+<right-click>) on a "safe" parameter, I used the Level in the In 1 block but YMMV, and told Edit to set all the factory presets to that value. Edit stepped through all the selected presets, loaded then saved them, with the Level "updated" to its original value. That load step will automatically update the Amp block's parameters so they're "fresh" and they'll then be saved as part of the process.

At that point you won't need to step through them all and manually save them.

Last edited:

The FM9 factory presets are not the same as the FX3 presets in a number of cases; The FM9, even the Mk II Turbo, is still about half the power of the FX3 Mk I so some presets will overwhelm the FM9. The factory presets page in the Wiki helps explain when they diverge. You can load the FM9 factory presets into the FX3 but you'll be missing the originals in memory at that point.

I opened the first factory preset on the FX3, then used Edit's "Set in Multiple Presets" feature (<shift>+<right-click>) on a "safe" parameter, I used the Level in the In 1 block but YMMV, and told Edit to set all the factory presets to that value. Edit stepped through all the selected presets, loaded then saved them, with the Level "updated" to its original value. That load step will automatically update the Amp block's parameters so they're "fresh" and they'll then be saved as part of the process.

I was looking for a method to do this. As a hobbyist and not a gigging musician, I really just wanted to hear the models for what they are and maybe I'll tweak as needed. I wasn't concerned about any change in tone as I was confident Cliff and Crew were going to make it sound great.

Thanks a ton!

I was looking for a method to do this. As a hobbyist and not a gigging musician, I really just wanted to hear the models for what they are and maybe I'll tweak as needed. I wasn't concerned about any change in tone as I was confident Cliff and Crew were going to make it sound great.

Thanks a ton!
Happy to help.

If you do the update like I described, you’ll hear that the amps are more raw… alive… than before, at least that’s how they sound to me. I haven’t had a chance to hear them on stage but I hope to next week. At home they’re definitely more “beastly” but not in a bad way, just more like it’d expect going straight from the amp into a cab and immediately out the speaker into a microphone and into a control room.

Hi Greg, thanks for the hint.

Please have a look at e.g. the speaker page … did it change? Not in my AXE.

IMHO you have to use „Manage Presets“, select your presets, right click and „Reset Amp Blocks“. But keep in mind, also the „Output EQ“ will be resetted, which (I think) is not welcome all the time, especially in case of Mesa Boogies.

Greetings from Bavaria

Please have a look at e.g. the speaker page … did it change? Not in my AXE.
Speaker page? I don’t understand the question.

IMHO you have to use „Manage Presets“, select your presets, right click and „Reset Amp Blocks“. But keep in mind, also the „Output EQ“ will be resetted, which (I think) is not welcome all the time, especially in case of Mesa Boogies.
That will work but will change the tone controls. Do what feels right to you.

Please have a look at Speaker Drive and Speaker Thump
btw Tone controls are not changed, but Output EQ

Attachments

• after my way.png
    after my way.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 22
  • before and after your way.png
    before and after your way.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 23
Tone controls are not changed
That depends on the Setup > Global Settings > Config > Tone Control Display setting in the hardware. It controls whether "Reset Amp Blocks" does a hard or soft reset. A soft reset retains the tone settings, a hard reset returns all parameters to their defaults.

See Before you reset... in the Wiki or the v.25.00 firmware's open beta and full-release notes as they show the progression of how we could get the Cygnus X-3 changes.

Thanks, I think I'm familiar enough with my AXE ...
Dude, you might accept that some on this forum may have either more time under their belts or better understanding of the finer details, than yourself. I’ve been a fractal owner since 2009, and I’m still glad to receive useful and good information. From my perspective, @Greg Ferguson has never been anything but helpful, and is quite adept at his skills. Just sayin.
Best from Texas!

That depends on the Setup > Global Settings > Config > Tone Control Display setting in the hardware. It controls whether "Reset Amp Blocks" does a hard or soft reset. A soft reset retains the tone settings, a hard reset returns all parameters to their defaults.

See Before you reset... in the Wiki or the v.25.00 firmware's open beta and full-release notes as they show the progression of how we could get the Cygnus X-3 changes.
Hi Greg, my reaction to your answer might have been way too harsh … sorry.

It was never my intention to offend anybody within this forum. I also (really) wanted to help the requestor … which unfortunately went wrong.

Let´s get back to business. As I described, I cannot tell the (complete) reset of the AMP, since. e.g. Speaker Drive and Speaker Thump are not changed. And when I have a look at the Wiki, I could not tell, that besides the setting of the „safe“ parameter also the AMP will be reset.

Parameter Batch Set (Wiki excerpt)
The editors provide a "hidden" Parameter Batch Set function. Right-click on a parameter while holding down Shift to display a context menu, then select Set In Multiple Presets. Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can select one (like the current one) or multiple presets to batch set the parameter value.
Note that the Batch Setter only saves the current parameter value and dismisses other edits which haven't been saved yet.

If I´m wrong, I didn´t understand the wording or the Wiki should be adapted.

The other points regarding e.g. tone control, I know.

I hope I could clear up this misunderstanding and you will accept my excuse.

Last edited:
Dude, you might accept that some on this forum may have either more time under their belts or better understanding of the finer details, than yourself. I’ve been a fractal owner since 2009, and I’m still glad to receive useful and good information. From my perspective, @Greg Ferguson has never been anything but helpful, and is quite adept at his skills. Just sayin.
Best from Texas!
Hi is9852, thanks for giving me this hint.

I really accept, that others will have more knowledge than me.

So, what's the verdict - to soft reset or not to soft reset, that is the question...I think I read somewhere that the new FW should make presets created with older FWs adapt the enhancements of FW 25.

cheers and have a great weekend

So, what's the verdict - to soft reset or not to soft reset, that is the question...I think I read somewhere that the new FW should make presets created with older FWs adapt the enhancements of FW 25.

cheers and have a great weekend
Nothing required to reset. The firmware automatically updates the required parameters on load...

Back
Top Bottom