Updated Driver and Firmware - No Longer Finding Axe-II In Devices

Warrior

Power User
I updated the driver, rebooted the Axe as instructed and then updated to firmware 10.09. Rebooted the Axe and now the Axe-II does not show up as a device in Reaper. Rebooted my Mac, still no go. Not sure if it's me or the driver.

Macbook Pro
OS X 10.6.8

Release notes...

I obviously must have been to quick to perform the updates and glanced over the part about min OS X requirements, to be honest. Firmware 10.09 notes states the new OS X driver must be installed to ensure proper USB audio under OS X and I just jumped right in and updated.

Firmware 10.09
NOTE: A new OS X driver, also available on the support page of our website, must be installed to ensure proper USB audio under OS X.

I don't use my Axe-II for audio playback but do input to my DAW from my Axe-II via USB.

So I'm assuming I need to roll back my OS X driver? Not quite sure how to go about that.

Any advice (other than reading the release notes more carefully next time :redface-new:) on how to go about this would be appreciated. :cheerful:

I'm unsure. Apple doesn't make it simple to roll back. (If you have time machine, I'd say roll back the OS to it's state before the update...if not, ugh.)

You might try to uninstall or reinstall Reaper. If you can see the Axe II in sound devices, then I might look at the Reaper forums to see if anyone has similar issues that they were able to solve.

Sorry I have no solid answers here.

1) Delete the following file and directory:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fractalaudio.axefx2load.plist

/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/AxeFxII

2) Restart, then reinstall the old driver.

and then it works with Mac OS X 10.6.8

1) Delete the following file and directory:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fractalaudio.axefx2load.plist

/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/AxeFxII

2) Restart, then reinstall the old driver.

and then it works with Mac OS X 10.6.8

Thanks. Where can I get the old driver?

Back
Top Bottom