Update Problems

Jbmetal

Inspired
I don't think it's a bug, so I'm posting this here in the Discussion.

Every time I update my Axe, for the last 3 or 4 updates, it says an error occurred because I tried manually updating from the Axe (which I didn't) and the update fails. Then I exit out of the update menu that was pulled up on the Axe and start the update again and it works fine. I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but I just don't know what.

Just out of curiosity, do you disconnect your MCF (if you have one) or other controller before you update? Any inputs to the Axe during updates can cause problems.

I've seen this notice a couple of times - out of the blue for no apparent reason and don't even have an MFC to stay connected. It doesn't happen every update though and most of the time all goes as expected

I had this happen on a couple of previous firmware upgrades, 16 and 16.0.2 if I recall correctly. Each time it happened using Fractal Bot on OSX, I later remembered switching to an open page in Firefox to read something (this forum) while the transfer took place. Whenever I babysat Fractal Bot for the entire process, it worked fine.

Of course this may all be just coincidence, but it's worth thinking about if you're in the habit of doing a sneaky Facebook check or something while the update is taking place.

Yeah, it's not really a big deal because it always works the second time.

And I leave my MIDI controller disconnected at home and update using Fractal Bot (is there any other way?).

Back
Top Bottom