Update problems...

Ingo

Inspired
Dear all, figured it is better to make this a separate thread. I never had problems updating the AxeFx from linux, using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, and std command-line utilities like
amidi -p hw:1,0,0 -s firmware.syx

Using the same setup, I yesterday botched my MFC: It receives info (changes to "0% complete"), but nothing happens after that until long after the whole syx file is sent. Usual booting gives me an error 14 (image checksum failed) since then, the only thing I can do is boot to FW update mode.

I tried several other programs, ending up with Bome'sSendSX v1.30 under wine, slowest speed, split between syx blocks. Now I finally get a progress indication and even up to "100% complete". Then it stops, nothing like "FW Update Completed"! Waiting for quite some time, then reboot, and I get the Error 14 message again.

Downloaded the image several times, also tried v0.18 with the same result. What can it be?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Don't know SendSX very well... does it allow to set the delay between messages? According to the MFC manual there should be a delay of at least 90ms between messages.

Another thing (you probably already did): Has the MIDI out port of the MFC been disconnected during the update?

Edit: Just saw this: http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3066. Unfortunately not really a solution.

Last edited:
Don't know SendSX very well... does it allow to set the delay between messages? According to the MFC manual there should be a delay of at least 90ms between messages.

Another thing (you probably already did): Has the MIDI out port of the MFC been disconnected during the update?

Edit: Just saw this: http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3066. Unfortunately not really a solution.

Midi Out was disconnected. SendSX does not allow to set the delay explicitly, you can only set the overall speed. I had to use the slowest setting and splitting of sysex blocks to get through at all. Also saw the thread in their forum.

I know about the 90ms, but have not found any tool that easily does this under linux. I might just throw a few lines together over the weekend if I have no other solution by then...

Last edited:
SOLVED

Ok, stupid workflow issue made all the difference. Now using MidiOX 6.51 under wine1.3 with the winealsa.drv.so replacement (next time i will try std wine1.2, std library and most recent MidiOX...).

Anyway, first "loading" the sysex file into MidiOX crashes it. I *can* "send" the file directly, however. And with the settings from the readme this worked the first time.

I'm just glad this has worked out.

Back
Top Bottom