Wish Update MFC-101 when bank changed on Axe-FX

+5 And if AxeEdit would change when AxeFx changes, stellar. I've always wondered why this hasn't been implemented already ... child's play compared to the other awesome features!

+1

This feature is necessary.
I didn't believe that this feature was not included in the MFC101 (or axe fx) when I received my MFC101.
The feature need not to be a default function, but at lease we can choose to switch it on or off.

Last edited:
+5 for me. This is the ONE thing that this unit seriously lacks. I had a Digitech GSP-2101 (15yr old technology!) that handled this properly. It is a must-have.

+5 for me. This is the ONE thing that this unit seriously lacks. I had a Digitech GSP-2101 (15yr old technology!) that handled this properly. It is a must-have.

Me too. Having had a GSP-2101 and FC-100 that worked liked this I was completely surprised and frankly disappointed about it.

Can anyone confirm is the actual hardware will support this, if it is eventually implemented in the Axe-Fx and MFC?

+1

This feature is necessary.
I didn't believe that this feature was not included in the MFC101 (or axe fx) when I received my MFC101.
The feature need not to be a default function, but at lease we can choose to switch it on or off.

I agree, but I would make it a default feature. I just presumed it had this feature. I seriously might not have bought the MFC at all and might have just gotten a standard MIDI pedal had I known.

I'll go back even further . . . I'm pretty sure my DigiTech GSP-21 Pro (precursor to the GSP-21 Legend, which came before the GSP-2101) also had this functionality back in 1991 or 1992. The lack of this functionality is a big disappointment for me . . . I would assume (at least I hope) that the hardware capability is already there, and that it's just a matter of implementing it in the firmware.

+1

Heh, I had a GSP21 and a 2101. The 21 was awful, but it got me through college! :D

Still dig the 2101 uber-crunch to this day.

+1

Heh, I had a GSP21 and a 2101. The 21 was awful, but it got me through college! :D

Still dig the 2101 uber-crunch to this day.

Yeah, the 2101 was nice in its day. I think we all agree the Axe-Fx is far superior in tones. I like the 2101 having both solid state and tubes, but the Axe-Fx makes that unnecessary and keeps the heat down. I am pretty sure they will add this feature in, but I understand it would be a significant upgrade to both the Axe-Fx II and the MFC. Yet, if they are connected via USB, I really don't think it would be that hard. I mean if they could do it easily 15 yr ago...

+1.

I spent quite a bit of time last night trying to figure out why it wasn't updating... I should have checked the forum so I could spend more time playing with the Axe FX!

Some great news from the V6 preview thread...

"Soon. This is a big release accompanied by an MFC and Axe-Edit update. We have a new protocol that syncs everything. So if you change a preset via the front panel or Axe-Edit, the MFC syncs up, etc.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff too. Tuner now goes down to G0 (and is strobe-tuner accurate)."

This is really great news!

Outstanding! I should finally be getting my MFC soon, hopefully just in time for the new firmware :D

I was wondering - would someone from Fractal Audio be able to comment on this? Specifically, is this planned for a future software release or is there some hardware reason it cannot be implemented? I know there's a bit of logic to be implemented and special cases to handle because I also write software for a living, but would it be possible for someone to weigh in? We'd all really love to hear some feedback on this request, as it really seems to be the #1 most popular update request.

Errrr .... 2 posts up is a direct quote from cliff saying it is coming in v6 ..... The next release for axe-fx ii and the next MFC-101 firmware

Well!!...

MFC-101 Firmware 2.01 and Axe-FX II Firmware 6.0 has brought us this functionality..... a BIG thank you Fractal for listening to this request.

FYI Guys, I had to enable "Follow Axe-FX II Program Changes in Axe-FX Mode" in Axe-Edit to get AE to sync with everything when you change presets.

Settings>Midi Settings>Midi Tab> Axe-FX Midi I/O> tick the "Follow Axe-FX II Program Changes in Axe-FX Mode" option.

Back
Top Bottom