Update going wrong for 1st time

shep

Inspired
Updating from 25.04 to 26.00 Beta3. Pics show that unit and pc are connected. Fractal Bot shows it's connected to the 25.04 loaded unit. The update starts and progress to 7% is shown, but it stops and Fractal Bot says it isn't connected after a period of time. The unit is in limbo as shown in 2nd pic. Concerned that turning it off/restarting is a potential disaster. Please advise. Thanks much!20240617_084600.jpg20240617_084630.jpg

Last edited:
Update - It did the same thing updating Dyna Cabs. I've tried it 3 times now. Each time it gets to 12% and shows -

Attachments

• Update Dyna Cabs Issue.png
    Update Dyna Cabs Issue.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 12
Thanks much for the info. I'll hafta go buy another cable I guess. It's just a 6' USB3.

It was in fact the cable. I don't know why it would fail, then work, then fail ad nauseum, but here I am. Further I don't get how a cable that's never left my studio and only gets unplugged and plugged back into the back of the Axe goes bad. QC ain't what it should be outside the world of Fractal.. It is all good now.

It was in fact the cable. I don't know why it would fail, then work, then fail ad nauseum, but here I am. Further I don't get how a cable that's never left my studio and only gets unplugged and plugged back into the back of the Axe goes bad. QC ain't what it should be outside the world of Fractal.. It is all good now.

Glad to hear. I kept thinking the cable was the thing.

I recently began to have problems with my internet service (fiber optic). It would work sometimes, not work sometimes, and sorta work sometimes. The provider sent a tech out to see what was wrong. He checked the termination box and was getting a strong signal with no fluctuations. But he could look at my devices and see how things would come and go. He had about decided it had to be a bad modem/router and went to replace it. Then he stopped and said, "let me check one more thing." Within a few seconds, everything was back to normal. When I asked what the problem was, it turned out to be a short ethernet cable between the fiber optic termination box and the modem/router. In a million years I would have never thought to check a simple ethernet cable. Luckily this guy had seen this happen before, so he thought to check it. I'm just sayin', sometimes it really is a bad cable.

It ran out of electrons

The oddest part is that Fractal Bot showed it as connected 100% of the time. Either it is or it ain't. I was a IBEW comtech for 20 years so I have seen intermittent. But not with the connectivity lights blinkin'. If the impossible shows up, it'll be at my house!

The oddest part is that Fractal Bot showed it as connected 100% of the time. Either it is or it ain't. I was a IBEW comtech for 20 years so I have seen intermittent. But not with the connectivity lights blinkin'. If the impossible shows up, it'll be at my house!
I had the same situation - connection 'looked' solid, Fractal Bot showing connection....but I was having intermittent Axe Edit outages/freezing.
I emailed support (on Thanksgiving day) and was emailed back an hour later to try another cable. To my embarrassment, that worked.
I know there is a thread somewhere in Support saying - always try a new cable before reporting a problem. I've now adopted that habit.

Back
Top Bottom