VickN

Started the process a little while ago, let me know if I'm missing anything

Fractal bot: update fm3 and update dyna cabs

Fm3 Edit software: update to new version

Fm3: update all presets

FM3 Edit: reset all amp blocks.

Enable Gapless:
  • Setup > Global Settings > Config > Spillover must be set to “ALL”

If you update all presets the required amp block parameters are updated before the presets are saved.

Watched it when I was doing the update, didn't see gapless included in the vid unless I missed it?
indeed i forgot to mention that , added as a pinned comment

the update/upgrade all presets in my case set the gapless function to all, i only stick to one kitchen sink preset for the whole set at the moment, so i haven't set gapless preset changes in my use case

with regards to the amp reset, i'll be honest it's not super clear, in the case of say a preset with a d60 amp (which is my main preset) i had to reset the amp block as the amp model was changed/replaced from the old one, but it seems that it's not required/needed for others, or maybe i'm missing something, other users have been somewhat confused on this as well

Last edited:
No. There's no reason to reset.
Here is what I have experienced...
  • Updated FM3 Edit to 1.06.09
  • Upgraded from FW 7 to FW 8
  • FM3 Setup Menu
    • Global Settings
      • Gapless Changes set to “ALL”
      • Spillover set to “ALL”
    • Utilities
      • Preset Tab > Upgrade All Presets
Subsequently copied my custom presets, and reset the amp block in the copied version only via Presets > Manage Presets > Select preset(s) > Right click > Reset Amp Blocks.

What I have observed (across several presets with different amp models) is the Speaker Drive and Speaker Thump settings in the Speaker tab changed after resetting the amp blocks.

Here is what I have experienced...
  • Updated FM3 Edit to 1.06.09
  • Upgraded from FW 7 to FW 8
  • FM3 Setup Menu
    • Global Settings
      • Gapless Changes set to “ALL”
      • Spillover set to “ALL”
    • Utilities
      • Preset Tab > Upgrade All Presets
Subsequently copied my custom presets, and reset the amp block in the copied version only via Presets > Manage Presets > Select preset(s) > Right click > Reset Amp Blocks.

What I have observed (across several presets with different amp models) is the Speaker Drive and Speaker Thump settings in the Speaker tab changed after resetting the amp blocks.
Thanks, this exactly is the kind of info I needed.

Back
Top Bottom