Update: Call me lazy...returned to FW 6 (now FW8!)

I paid extra attention at last nights gig. The scene changes are gapless. My issue is most likely technique. I have hold functions on scenes 1-3 for CS 1-3. If I quickly tap the switch I don’t hear any abruptness.
That's not really a technique issue, although that quick release can help.

Buttons with a Hold function assigned will trigger on release. Without a Hold function they trigger on press.

It's unrelated to gapless and that behavior has always been there...

That's not really a technique issue, although that quick release can help.

Buttons with a Hold function assigned will trigger on release. Without a Hold function they trigger on press.

It's unrelated to gapless and that behavior has always been there...
I get that. If I’m lazy and switch slowly the timing of the scene change is off relative to the song so I hear it as an abrupt change.

I tested gapless switching on fw 6 and fw 7 and did not observe any changes or have any problems. Here's a screen capture.
This switch is going between the Hiwatt and the 800. I tested 5 other combinations on fw6 vs fw 7, plus various amp channel changes, and didn't have any trouble at all.
Thanks for checking that. As @unix-guy mentioned, my preset was at 81%. On my next break, I'll try again...I've decided to drop my stereo presets and am going back to a less complex rig....hopefully that will give me all benefits and no costs!

Updated to FW 8 beta 1. LOVE IT! I kept reading all the glowing reports, mostly in the AxeFXIII section, so I updated my AxeFX to FW26 and copied my FM9 presets into it. With only a small amount of tweaking I was amazed at how noticeably better everything sounded. Ran with that a couple of days, and prepared to gig with the AxeFX until FW8 hit final release. Read that team is working on software for a new product and decided to just load the beta. So glad I did. NOW I'm reading about excitement around the next update in the AxeFX, so I think I may do that...I try not to do betas but FW8 b1 seems stable and not reading a lot of issues. I did have the cabinet mapping thing (after the update my DynaCabs were two spaces off)...easy to fix. I know its redundant as can be, but if you read my original post in this thread...I was very happy with what I had...couldn't imagine it being better, and well, here we are...its WAY better! Oh, and gapless is working great!!!

Back
Top Bottom