Unofficial upate on the Fractal MFC-101 Midi Floor Ctrl...

m lebofsky said:
RACK DRAWERS:

For those that use them now, or plan to use them, what's your thinking (1 drawer or 2) ?
I will have the MFC-101 plus a couple of pedals so I guess its time to start looking at drawers and gettin a little larger rack case.

I think you'd need a 2U just for the MFC, so to carry extra pedals you'd need a bigger one, or a second 2U.

I like my Axe in a small, light rack so I think I'm gonna skip the big rack w\drawers and just re-use my old pedalboard case (once I clean out the old junk in there :D )
pedalboard.jpg

Should be enough room in there for the MFC plus an expression pedal. FCB-1010 doesn't fit.

FractalAudio said:
Scott Peterson said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Dig the display. 21 switches gooooooooooooooooooooooood. Dig the stepped design.

So it's similar in size to my All Access, but bigger screen, more switches and will have a tuner and I can use my expression pedals??!!?!?! I'm SO in for this.

Exactly. Almost identical in size to the All Access. Fits in a rack drawer.

Large 20-character display, transflective (sunlight readable)

Four expression pedal inputs, four external footswitch inputs

Expansion jack.

Remote reading of name and effect bypass states from the Axe-Fx. LEDs synchronize to states.

Configurable as 1, 5 or 10 presets per bank. Remaining switches are then IA.

Firmware updates via MIDI in.

Runs on 9VAC. Uses less than 1A current (as opposed to 2A for most other controllers). High-efficiency switch-mode power supply means smaller, less expensive power transformer. Phantom powerable via 7-pin MIDI cable.

Preset, Song and Set modes. blah, blah, etc.

What rack drawer does it fit in? It seems most 2u rack drawers are under 3" high inside... isn't that not enough clearance for the All Access, and likely this pedal?

Just thinking ahead, but IMO it would be worth small added cost if it came shipped with a nice, robust 25' 7-pin midi cable and a 9VDC wallwart, so Axe users can phantom power it out of the box.

I've never had need to buy a 7-pin midi cable.. are they hard to find? (i've got a box of 5 pinners).

Robboman said:
Just thinking ahead, but IMO it would be worth small added cost if it came shipped with a nice, robust 25' 7-pin midi cable and a 9VDC wallwart, so Axe users can phantom power it out of the box.

I've never had need to buy a 7-pin midi cable.. are they hard to find? (i've got a box of 5 pinners).

Or even better - offer an AxeFx upgrade option that puts the wall-wart's transformer inside the AxeFx, so all we have to do is plug in the supplied 7-pin cable to the AxeFx, flip the "Phantom Power" switch and go. I'd easily pay for such convenience.

cheers,

Robboman said:

I use a Rocktron with my Midimate ...

http://www.music123.com/Rocktron-RMM900 ... 4.Music123

Nice thread on here too mentioning that a Vodoo Labs 1-Spot works with it, and fits in the AxeFx power recepticle in the back ... so I have one on order.

Firstpenguin said:
How will this work with the current 8 IA's allowed in the axe? Will the MFC replace them or add to them.

Those are 8 modifiers in the Axe-FX, not 8 IA's aren't they?

There seems to be some discrepancy around these parts as to what an 'Instant Access' button actually does. Some seem to describe it to access different patches, but I've always heard the term used to describe a button that can bring an effect in or out. For example, turn on a loop in a rack switcher full of effects.

FractalAudio said:
Four expression pedal inputs, four external footswitch inputs
Cool for expression pedal inputs. Personally, no need about footswitch inputs if MFC101 is expandable, but why not.
FractalAudio said:
Expansion jack.
Cool.. And what about futur expansion(s)?
IAs only? How many IAs?
Other? IAs plus Presets?
How many expanders are projected on one MFC?

FractalAudio said:
Remote reading of name and effect bypass states from the Axe-Fx. LEDs synchronize to states.
Does it mean that the IAs will change for each presets to reconfigure in sync with the Axe preset?
Mmmh, I think not because it would be too complex to remember IAs's configuration preset per preset.
Can you tell more about this feature?
Does the IAs can transmit a midi message when is ON and a second when is OFF?
And so, CCs only? CCs AND/OR PCs?

FractalAudio said:
Configurable as 1 preset per bank? :?: :| :roll: :geek: Don't understand about it... :?

FractalAudio said:
Runs on 9VAC. Uses less than 1A current (as opposed to 2A for most other controllers).
My FX1 need 0,4A...
FractalAudio said:
Phantom powerable via 7-pin MIDI cable.
My GCP need only 5-pin Din to powered from my GCX. Lot of other manufacturers made the choice of 7-pin for phantom powering. I don't understand why...
7-pins cables are most difficult to find, and while finding one, it's very expensive...
By the way, I can make my own midi cables to have the size I need, but if needing a 7 pins plug, it's really hard to find one. :cry:
So, why 7 while 5 are ok?
FractalAudio said:
Preset, Song and Set modes. blah, blah, etc.
NIIIICE!!!
How many preset per songs?
How many songs per setlists?
How many setlists?
What about access of all 3 banks of the Axe-FX?
I'd like to access to all the 384 presets of my Ultra just from the foot controller!! :p :roll: ...

Sorry for all those questions :(...

Spawn-X said:
FractalAudio said:
Configurable as 1 preset per bank? :?: :| :roll: :geek: Don't understand about it... :?

I think this means that you would consider the Bank Up/Down buttons more as Patch change buttons (though it's still not clear whether the Bank Up/Down buttons would send a program change in this mode). This would be great for people who only use a handful of "big" patches and need access to as many effects as possible.

I can totally see a use for this. My main patch has wah, volume, 3 modulations, 2 pitches, 1 drive, amp, cab, 1 delay, 1 looper, 1 reverb, a synth, and a filter block. The ability to bypass any given effect and still have access to all the looper functions is something I look forward to.

m lebofsky said:
RACK DRAWERS:

For those that use them now, or plan to use them, what's your thinking (1 drawer or 2) ?
I will have the MFC-101 plus a couple of pedals so I guess its time to start looking at drawers and gettin a little larger rack case.

Since the All Axcess is 3.5" high, I would think a 4u drawer is the minimum.

So are some of you guy's using (or planning to use) a rack with wheels? Like a 4-6 space rack with wheel's and retractable handle.

Cliff,

Back in May 2007, you were thinking of a modular system where you would sell pedals made to integrate/clip onto the main MFC-101 unit. Is this still in the works (as an option) or should we plan on using our own pedals ?

Thanks,

Porkchop Xpress said:
Warrior said:
I believe all of the discussion regarding prices is just speculation.

I recommend you send an email to sales@fractalaudio.com and request to be put on the list.
Thank you. There isn't even a ballpark price range yet?

have you read through even just this single thread from the beginning? there are prices or release date yet, no matter many extra times it's asked, there will not be a new answer until there is a release date announced. just sit back and relax. deep breaths. in... out....

Crucified said:
Porkchop Xpress said:
Warrior said:
I believe all of the discussion regarding prices is just speculation.

I recommend you send an email to sales@fractalaudio.com and request to be put on the list.
Thank you. There isn't even a ballpark price range yet?

have you read through even just this single thread from the beginning? there are prices or release date yet, no matter many extra times it's asked, there will not be a new answer until there is a release date announced. just sit back and relax. deep breaths. in... out....
I'm completely calm. Just curious about a ballpark price. I don't think that is a ridiculous question when there is a prototype and so much conversation/hype about the product.

Back
Top Bottom