Uno installed, wont go into stompbox mode

Dudeskin

Inspired
hay guys!

just put my Uno chip in my fcb.
but the thing you do to put it in stompbox mode, 1 and 10 on startup from memory. it doesnt count down after the display goes blank. it just goes back to 0 and its the same as it was before the new chip.

i did the other one that was 1 and 9 on start up and that counted down fine.

can anyone tell me if im doing something wrong.

cheers all.

joe

Hi there. I set up a FCB1010 with a Uno chip last week for the first time and it did exactly what you're talking about (didn't count down). I tried it a few times with the same result.

The good news: It still works perfectly as intended. The top row is in stompbox mode. Maybe the instructions are wrong?

hmmm, odd.

how do i know if its in stomp mode? when i checked all the buttons they just changed preset. do i have to do something specific? cheers

right, still a bit stuck here.
i have ripwerx up and running, but i cant seem to get it to talk to the fcb.

i am using a usb to midi in and out cable. what settings should i use to get them to work. ive tried changing it but cant get any joy.

cheers for your help guys.
joe

please help guys.

id love to be able to use it properly at tomorrow nights practice.

just need to know what plugs in where.

usb cable has midi in and out, do i out the cable out to out on the fcb and in on the in?
then what input and output do i use on ripwerx?

cheers

Joe

ok,so i managed to download the file from the fcb, put that in stompbox mode, put the numbers in i wanted. but when i come to upload it to the fcb, it freezes. im on a pc at the moment (mac battery is dead).

anything else for me to try?

when i come to upload it to the fcb, it freezes.

I think it freezes because it cannot handle long sysex messages.

I bought a similar USB midi cable and reached that conclusion.

The good news is that it works in this configuration:

computer's USB - USB midi cable >< Midisport 2x2 anniversary >< FCB

Doesn't need to be the "anniversary" edition. A regular midisport 2x2 works fine for me. And can be purchased on ebay for $15-20.

Back
Top Bottom