Unknown Device

APE

Inspired
When I launch AXE-Edit, I get the Mac error
Code:
 Unknown Device
 The version information could not be queried.

Why? What do I need to do to make AXE Edit work. Everything is up to date.

FractalBot can't connect, either.
Fractal-Bot
A time-out has occurred while attempting to query the firmware version. Please verify the following:

1) The connected device matches the selected device.
2) The device is connected to the computer and powered on.
3) The device driver is properly installed.

If the device is an Axe-Fx II running firmware version 8.0 or earlier, you need to use Fractal-Bot version 1.2.7.

Haven't run FAS things on my Mac for a long time - but I have had this message come up on my Windows laptop some time ago - and re-installing the FAS USB driver fixed it for me

I'd already tried changing the USB cable to no effect.

So I just reinstalled the driver and rebooted my mac. Same deal.

What AxeFx do you have? I hear the Mark 1 and 2's were having problems connecting or staying connected to Axe-Edit.

First I get this:—

upload_2017-9-11_18-54-22.png

Then I get this:—
upload_2017-9-11_18-54-53.png

Then when I click OK, it shows disconnected in the upper left corner:—upload_2017-9-11_18-56-34.png

I disconnected my AX8 and quit AX8-Edit, yet I still get the error message in AXE-Edit and the other error message in Fractal Bot.

Why is my computer being a b…

Last edited:
I've been having this issue start right around that time they started pushing out FW updates past Q6, which is what I'm still on. It first started when the Q7 or Q8 came out and axe edit started telling me that there is a new axe edit version. Next time I fire up the rig this same issue you have started happening to me. I'll usually switch to a different patch usually a blank one, and reboot axe and relaunch axe edit. Sometimes it takes 2 attempts but after that it will "query" up and run fine for hours without any issues. Still very annoying as F***!! Trying to find a fix...

I said in the beginning what I am trying to do. How come everybody including AXE-Edit is throwing up stupid messages…
i changed my question in that post; you replied to something before i got to change it.

are you connecting an Axe-Fx to use with Axe-Edit?

I've been having this issue start right around that time they started pushing out FW updates past Q6, which is what I'm still on. It first started when the Q7 or Q8 came out and axe edit started telling me that there is a new axe edit version. Next time I fire up the rig this same issue you have started happening to me. I'll usually switch to a different patch usually a blank one, and reboot axe and relaunch axe edit. Sometimes it takes 2 attempts but after that it will "query" up and run fine for hours without any issues. Still very annoying as F***!! Trying to find a fix...

I tried what you said to do:

Hocus Pocus Connectus:
  1. Switch patches manually on the Axe-Fx II
  2. Quit Axe-Edit
  3. Power down Axe-Fx II
  4. Power up Axe-Fx II ("QUANTUM" displayed on startup (no version info))
  5. Launch Axe-Edit
Result: ❌ Disconnected

Repeated Hocus Pocus procedure, but repeated steps (3) and (4), rebooting the Axe-FX II twice.

Result: ✅ Connected!
FractalBot could also then connect.

FractalBot, now that it connect, says that I am running Quantum 8.02; apparently that's the latest FW as of this writing.

I'll call this algorithm Hocus Pocus Connectus,

I tried what you said to do:

Hocus Pocus Connectus:
  1. Switch patches manually on the Axe-Fx II
  2. Quit Axe-Edit
  3. Power down Axe-Fx II
  4. Power up Axe-Fx II ("QUANTUM" displayed on startup (no version info))
  5. Launch Axe-Edit
Result: ❌ Disconnected

Repeated Hocus Pocus procedure, but repeated steps (3) and (4), rebooting the Axe-FX II twice.

Result: ✅ Connected!
FractalBot could also then connect.

FractalBot, now that it connect, says that I am running Quantum 8.02; apparently that's the latest FW as of this writing.

I'll call this algorithm Hocus Pocus Connectus,
Yeah it's a pain in ass big time but it works. Need a solution. Still experimenting lol. Going to try turning off wifi before I launch anything as someone previously suggested. Or playing in the axe edit setting for disabling and reenabling the midi axe in/out setting.

i changed my question in that post; you replied to something before i got to change it.

are you connecting an Axe-Fx to use with Axe-Edit?
Chris. I posted that I quit AX8 to clarify that 1) I have it installed 2) if it's affecting any Fractal communication (I have no idea), I want to know.

Sorry for insinuating your message was stupid.

Back
Top Bottom