Universal Audio Apollo And Plug-Ins

Just an FYI:

I've been reading up on the "UA Apollo" and there is definitely a lot of praise for it, (understandably) but also a lot of hype being built around it as well. Not to open a can of worms here but I was listening to some sound clip comparisons with the UA Apollo and the RME FF UFX. Barring personal preferences one may have for added features, the UFX sound stands "toe to toe" with the Apollo and is preferable to my ears.

UA Apollo vs RME UFX blind test - Gearslutz.com

... pg.2 has more comparrisons: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-shoot-outs-sound-file-comparisons-audio-tests/720905-ua-apollo-vs-rme-ufx-blind-test-2.html

I know it's only Soundcloud but you can still take the comparisons at a face value for what it is. Nonetheless a very good read when you look past the usual forum BS semantics.

Last edited:
Just an FYI:

I've been reading up on the "UA Apollo" and there is definitely a lot of praise for it, (understandably) but also a lot of hype being built around it as well. Not to open a can of worms here but I was listening to some sound clip comparisons with the UA Apollo and the RME FF UFX. Barring personal preferences one may have for added features, the UFX sound stands "toe to toe" with the Apollo and is preferable to my ears.

UA Apollo vs RME UFX blind test - Gearslutz.com

I know it's only Soundcloud but you can still take the comparisons at a face value for what it is. Nonetheless a very good read when you look past the usual forum BS semantics.
They both sounded pretty good!

I have the Apollo Duo and i have bought a bunch of extra plugins as well. We actually recorded our latest Album with it (can be heard Earthling777 – Audio first track is all Axe FX2 with end solo featuring Sustainiac.) There was times were i ran out of processing power using too many of the UAD plugins so the Quad may have been a wiser choice but some of our songs had upward of 100 tracks so YMMV...
My Apollo has the thunderbolt expansion and it rocks! No latency.

I have the Apollo Duo and i have bought a bunch of extra plugins as well. We actually recorded our latest Album with it (can be heard Earthling777 – Audio first track is all Axe FX2 with end solo featuring Sustainiac.) There was times were i ran out of processing power using too many of the UAD plugins so the Quad may have been a wiser choice but some of our songs had upward of 100 tracks so YMMV...
My Apollo has the thunderbolt expansion and it rocks! No latency.

Thanks for sharing this man.

Will definitely check the link that you have provided.

Back
Top Bottom