Unity Levels: USB vs OUT1 into Logic

jrogg75

I’m curious if there is position on the Out1 knob that is considered “unity” with what the Axe3 is sending to Logic via USB?

And on a similar note.... is there a way to control the level from USB? I haven’t been able to find that in my searches

USB level control is in the SETUP > I/O > USB/AES menu on the front panel.

So I’ve tinkerer with those before.... I see USB 1/2, USB 3/4..... AES/SPDIF, etc.

Rolling all 5 of those input levels all the way up and down have zero impact on the level Logic is receiving. Am I missing something here?

The USB Levels in the I/O page are for USB (computer) input. My understanding is recording levels from the Axe-Fx III to a DAW are adjusted using the OUT (1, 2, 3, 4), or within the preset grid.

Manual - page 163:

"USB 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 – These parameters adjust USB Input levels from -40 to +20 dB. Remember that from the
perspective of the Axe-Fx, a “USB Input” is used for computer playback; audio is routed from the computer to a
USB input of the Axe-Fx,
and levels can be cut or boosted here. Be careful not to boost overall levels to the point
of output clipping".

Unity gain is touched on page 15.
"Output Level Knobs 1–4 — These knobs independently control the volumes at the corresponding rear panel
outputs. The Output 1 knob simultaneously controls Output 1 XLR and quarter-inch jacks, and the headphone
output level. Outputs 3 and 4 are at unity gain when set fully clockwise."

Back
Top Bottom