[NOT A BUG] Unexpected bank changing

oldstar1975

Inspired
I wrote about it already, but now I tried brand new XL+ and have this problem again. My Axe connected with keyboard's sequencer via midi, it's receiving the midi clock, PC and CC messages, everything was perfect just before I connected MFC via Cat5. Now everything is the same, but sometimes, bank changes to the last one. I need have the copy of my bank one the last one, it's the only way to play the gig without problem.

Firmware of Axe 7.02
Firmware of MFC 3.08
No custom midi mapping

I have no idea where to start to find the problem! Would be thankful for any advices!

You are sending two independent sources of midi to the Axe Fx. You are probably experiencing some sort of collisions.

I would suggest using a midi cable from the MFC, too, and run both the keyboard and MFC into a midi merge box. Then send the merged signal to the Axe Fx.

You are sending two independent sources of midi to the Axe Fx. You are probably experiencing some sort of collisions.

I would suggest using a midi cable from the MFC, too, and run both the keyboard and MFC into a midi merge box. Then send the merged signal to the Axe Fx.
Yes, I have the midi merger, but I want to use the ethernet, it is much more easy to connect. And that's the only trouble I have, not really often.

You're getting MIDI collisions. You can't use the MIDI and MFC port simultaneously.
When Axe FX II was first time announced, there was a phrase like this on Fractal's site - "Ethernet port - say goodbye to midi merger!". And it was great improvement. I'm using MFC and midi this way many years. AND this bug - the only one. I hope there must be a simple way to fix it. I suppose it is CC 0... I don't know how to block it,

It's not a "bug". Multiple incoming MIDI data streams are not supported.

Back
Top Bottom