Unable to import preset

My sincere apologies if this is a daft question, but am trying to import a preset created on an FX II Mark II running FW 3.03. My unit is an XL+ running FW 5.02. When I go to import it, my layout screen remains blank.

Am I missing something logical and is easy to 'fix' or can I not import a preset created on a different version of unit to mine?

Thanks

Dave

What program & steps are you using when trying to import it? Axe-Edit? FracTool? If Axe-Edit, is it possibly an older version than what was available when 5.02 was released?

Posting the preset might be a good idea. Someone else could try importing then upload a new version if it works.

Hi - I've tried to use via both Axe Edit and Fractal Bot

When trying to import via Axe Edit the layout remains blank. If I try Fractal Bot, it gives me a window message that says it's been successfully imported to the unit's edit buffer, but there's still nothing to save? My stupid Windows machine won't let me download/install Fractool is it reckons it's malicious!!

I have contacted the person who 'owns' the preset. I became aware of it here:

It's a bought preset, so probs unable to load and share here

Dave

Got the creator of the patch to re-send it. Still the same. No matter how I try to import it, my layout screen remains blank.

The creator of the patch advises he knows it's been successfully installed on other XL+ units, so I have zero idea of what is going on here.

Anyone got any ideas on this? It's driving me potty!

Thanks

Dave

FracTool will convert only on latest firmwares, or the same firmware the source preset had. So 5.03 in your case, upgrade your AxeFx II...

Back
Top Bottom