Unable to Connect Axe-Fx 2 via USB to Macbook Pro

Have you tried changing the order of how you connect to the computer and turn the Axe power on? E.g., turn Axe on, then connect the USB cable and vice versa. Also, try these both methods both before you load up Axe Edit and also after you load up Axe Edit. As silly as it sounds, sometimes it can be the difference.

Have you tried changing the order of how you connect to the computer and turn the Axe power on? E.g., turn Axe on, then connect the USB cable and vice versa. Also, try these both methods both before you load up Axe Edit and also after you load up Axe Edit. As silly as it sounds, sometimes it can be the difference.

I have done this, yes. Didn't make a difference.

I just tried again with build.222 which was supposed to be the one that had the issues fixed for PPC. guess what? It ain't fixed. If it doesn't crash first it will say it's connected & receive data from the Axe (backups) but WILL NOT SEND ANY DATA TO THE AXE! (new or revised presets, firmware) What good is a backup if you can't load it back into the Axe? This is getting absolutely pathetic. Again, I don't care how old PPC computers are, I did not just wake up & demand PPC support, Fractal opened this can of worms by claiming in all their published literature both online & in the printed manuals that 99.9999% of all Axe owners have that they support PPC. They don't. This is false information & seriously makes me wonder how many other specifications for the Axe are fudged or just flat out false! Cliff, where is the PPC support YOU claimed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have no problems with a 2006 Dual Core MBP.

Well then I'm at a loss here. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I'm getting a little angry, but only because I just wanna play on the damn thing, haha. Hopefully Fractal Support emails me back, still waiting on that. Is there a phone number I should call instead or something?

Well then I'm at a loss here. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I'm getting a little angry, but only because I just wanna play on the damn thing, haha. Hopefully Fractal Support emails me back, still waiting on that. Is there a phone number I should call instead or something?

Join the club! I haven't had much luck with Fractal email support getting back to me on the first email (if at all) so keep emailing them. I sent my 3rd email last night about the release that was supposed to fix this not fixing it & have yet to hear back from them. So much for the fabled stellar Fractal support.:evil

I am just "grabbing at straws"

Mske sure both ends of the connections are well in in place in yhe sockets
At rehearsal last night, I had an issue with my midi connections (for my footswitch) not working until I reseated both ends of the connection. Try with more than one USB cable.

Have you tested a USB connection with other devices yet?

You might want to Google to see if this could be a Mac issue?

While your searching, see if there is anyway (any software) that you can use to check for an incoming signal from the Axe-Fx unit.

Good luck! Hope your issue is resolved soon.

I am just "grabbing at straws"

Mske sure both ends of the connections are well in in place in yhe sockets
At rehearsal last night, I had an issue with my midi connections (for my footswitch) not working until I reseated both ends of the connection. Try with more than one USB cable.

Have you tested a USB connection with other devices yet?

You might want to Google to see if this could be a Mac issue?

While your searching, see if there is anyway (any software) that you can use to check for an incoming signal from the Axe-Fx unit.

Good luck! Hope your issue is resolved soon.

The cables are definitely well in place in their sockets. I have to go buy a USB Cable still. Going to do that shortly, since I wanna check that off. I don't have anything else that uses that sort of USB cable, so not sure how I'd check that. I googled the hell out of this one, but I've basically tried everything. At least that's how it feels. Trust me, I didn't post on here spontaneously, this was the last option I saw that wasn't customer service. There is a way to check, and I have done that as well.

It's either a driver issue or a usb cable fix. I'm going to rule out the USB Cable thing. They don't cost that much anyway.

YES! The new cable works. It must have been a bad cable before. Thanks everyone! Now I have to figure out how to get the axe-fx to play on logic. It's connected to it but I don't hear anything.

Last edited:
That's great news! Now go enjoy your Axe-fx!

I'm pretty sure I'm either extremely stupid, technologically handicapped, or just having awesome luck, but I just can't seem to get anything right. I made another thread about it though, as this issue was resolved. I just want to play, haha. I'm trying to figure out how to set it up with Logic 9, but it's very complicated to me as logic 9 is brand new to me as well.

What OS are you running on the G5? I have tried on a G4 & G5 with no luck. They are both 10.4.11 which according to the Axe manual should work.
It is OSX 10.5.8. I think this is the end of the OSX trail for PPC though. But AXE-EDIT works here on this PPC - G-5. Just having issues with the AXE-FX II drivers not working on this box as it is. So having AXE-Edit w/ no AXE II kind of leaves one wanting.

This might be related to an issue that I am having too. I have two Macbook pros and for some reason the AxeFX doesn't always show up for one of them, but works every time on the other one. It seems to be very random. Restarting the computer, opening logic, opening system preferences, moving the usb to a new port, restarting AxeFX II, none of these things seem to make a difference. But for some reason I never have this problem with the other mac. The one that works every time is a 2011 and the one that is spotty is a 2015.

Back
Top Bottom