Unable to change effect/amp type in Axe Edit

Hi there,

I'm using Windows 7, Axe Edit 3.0.1, Firmware 11.03. My problem is that I cannot change the amp type/effect type from within Axe Edit; the Effect Type drop down box is darkened out as if it's not active, and when I click it nothing happens, no drop down box appears. There is no problem selecting different amps/effects from the front panel of the Axe FX, and when I do select something else Axe Edit updates the settings OK, but the Effect Type box stays blank. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? This was working fine in the previous version of Axe Edit.

Thanks!

This is bizarre. I can't imagine it wouldn't have been reproduced elsewhere if this bug were solely caused by Axe-Edit.

Are you using some kind of weird input devices on your computer by chance?

Also, please let us know if you are using any regional settings on your computer, such as a non-US English keyboard.

What happens if you click the label beneath a dropdown and then use the UP or DOWN arrows?

My Dell laptop running WinXP has this same issue.....sorry!?!?!?!?
anything populating a grid space(amp or effect) when clicked....
pages are correct and functional but "Effect Type" doesn't populate and up/down arrows allow one click either up or down.....and drive will only select Rat Dist and Amp selects 59 Bass guy...and then stuck there......

ok rebooted,axefxII only device, and I get a Communication Error when I open Axe-Edit,but I can click close and it works except for previously mentioned

Last edited:
Sorry I've only just seen these replies, apologies as I have now posted another thread asking for help.

I have tried re-installing, have now installed the latest version of Axe Edit, and I am still having this problem. No I am not using any odd devices, just a standard keyboard and mouse. Other programs with similar drop down boxes operate normally. Keyboard is a UK keyboard which I assume is the same/similar to US.

If I click the label and use the arrow keys nothing happens. Might be worth noting that I can change types etc on the front panel of the Axe and Axe Edit updates correctly. Only other 'bug' I am experiencing is on startup, I have to turn on the Axe after opening Axe Edit otherwise it isn't detected.

Thanks!

Running Axe-Edit 3.0.2 on Windows 8 on 8.1 x64. Firmware 11.05 on Axe-FX II. No other devices are connected.

I'm also having a problem with changing the effect type/amp type values as the boxes are solid grey with no text and nothing happens when I click on them. This goes for both amp blocks and all effects. All I see is this:

2dlk5zn.png

Update: The clean-system-v11.syx file fixed it for me. Just remember to back your stuff up before going that route.
I don't use cabinet modelling so it was a non-issue for me.

Effect types are showing up and no more time-out error!

Axe-Exit manual: http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-Getting-Started-Guide.pdf

Clean System v11: http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/11.0/clean-system-v11.syx

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response, installing the clean-system-v11 file has indeed solved this problem for me too, thanks Paradox for finding the solution, and thanks to everyone else for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom