Ultra will not connect to mac

And I am glad to announce that the axe fx keeps connecting for just a few seconds at a time randomly...the midi in light actually came on for the first time while its been connected to my Mac...

well that didn't do it either.....out of pure desperation i hooked the keyboard i use for midi (old yamaha 88 key) from it's midi out to the axe fx midi in....this was probably the worst way ever of testing it....but it worked, i was able to switch patches and even go into edit mode, so the midi in does work

The problem's got to be with your usb to midi interface then. I've never had an issue with mine (Tascam US-122) but there have been a lot of forum posts about incompatibility issues, particularly with cheap ones.

Well I'm using a midi/USB cable, I originally bought a cheap one and when the problems started I began to wonder if the cheap cable was the source so I went to a local music shop and spent a good bit more on a cable and it didn't change anything either

When you saw the status "Axe-FX II" that means AE is set to the Axe II config. Change that to "Ultra" at Settings: Configs. If the ports are working now you'll have to deselect them in MIDI settings before AE allows changing config.

Well I've given up, the thing just will not work...it's getting returned, as excited as I was about getting the ultra it was hugely dissatisfying and just an annoyingly frustrating process. I'm not trying to knock axe fx in general, just mine lol maybe one day I'll buy a axe fx II so I don't have to deal with midi/USB

Thanks for everyone's input and trying to help me fix this problem!

Well, it's obvious that the the problem is on the Mac's side--try to solve it there and don't return the Ultra for that only reason.

Well it's not just as simple as mess around for a few weeks until I figure out the problem, my band is actively recording our first demo and practicing in general, as well as playing with 2 others bands I'm in... I don't really have time to be messing around with the thing. I sold my my only other amp to get the axe fx and yes I know I could just use the front panel for tweaking everything...but I didn't spend all that money so I couldn't use it the way I wanted to.

Well it's not just as simple as mess around for a few weeks until I figure out the problem, my band is actively recording our first demo and practicing in general, as well as playing with 2 others bands I'm in... I don't really have time to be messing around with the thing. I sold my my only other amp to get the axe fx and yes I know I could just use the front panel for tweaking everything...but I didn't spend all that money so I couldn't use it the way I wanted to.

I feel your pain as this is very frustrating. FWIW, my old 2010 Mac Book Pro worked fine with the latest version of AE for my Ultra. When I upgraded to a late 2012 MBP I haven't been able to get any version of AE to work properly. They either don't work at all or crash and/or freeze after 5-10 minutes of use. I finally just gave up on AE.

Tonechaser1, i can confirm your issues as i recently went through the same upgrade and experienced the same AE issues. So i'm still using my 2006 MBP with AE as a result

Hi guys,
First post as I just bought a Standard from a forum member who updated the firmware to 11 and it will not connect to my 2012 Mac Mini running Mountain Lion. I have a cheap midi-to-usb cable which didn't work so I bought an M-Audio Uno and that didn't work either. I will say that the previous owner tested it in front of me and it worked fine so I know there is no issue with the unit.

To make matters worse I can't seem to completely uninstall the new Beta version of AE from Mountain Lion. I shouldn't have installed it in the first place but I was getting desparate so I have now followed every guide out there regarding what files to delete ~/library/preferences/fractal etc and every attempted install of an old version crashes.

I tried plugging it into my old Macbook running Snow Leopard and it worked once then stopped. Luckily I have an old netbbok running Windows so as soon as I find the power cable I will give that a whirl and hope for the best.

shredder578, I have your same problem: a second hand Ultra and didn't make it to let it work with the axe edit. I tried to get in touch with the Fractal support but didn't solve the problem. So the first of us that will make it has to inform how he did to the other!

I have since got mine working perfectly but I have to attach my Axe-Fx to my old Macbook running Snow Leopard. I have no idea why it suddenly worked and it still refuses to connect to Mountain Lion. My set up works nicely with the machine dedicated to tone construction whilst my Mac Mini runs my DAW and interface etc. I can't complain too much :)

Hi everyone......new man here. Well, I have the same problem. I use win 7 and Fx Ultra and my midi interface works fine, my "Midi in" flashing out correctly, my AE Beta 191 running well, but my screen says "NOT CONNECTED"....I've doing everything as possible and I'm feel like a stupid!!
Please if s0c9 or corey grieve can help me?? I'll be very happy about this issue....

Back
Top Bottom