Ultra Voicings in the AxeII

DaveP

Inspired
I saw a thread here recently about recommended settings in the AxeII to duplicate the Ultra's tone. Does anyone know where that is?
I believe Cliff outlined few parameters that he recommended tweaking to get there.
I tried searching and couldn't find it.

Thanks

If you want to see Cliff's posts, find a thread he started, like 5.07 now available.

Click on his user name, select see profile, then select recent posts. A search will yield his last 100 posts, with snipets you can read to find the thread you are seeking.

Thanks Luke. I wasn't sure which thread it was in. I didn't wade through that thread but I will now. :)

I found it in the Axe Fx 2 and GT800fx thread. Thanks GIRa. I read the patch conversion sticky and didn't see the Hi Res and Hi Cut mentioned.
That was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted some of the polished tones of the Ultra in the II. This did the trick. No need for the Ultra now.

Last edited:
It's a great tip but IMO you can't get the sound of the Ultra with the II. The high gain models have a different texture. Perhaps the V6 will change it.
I don't like the poweramp section of the Axe II.

I missed the Mark IV lead tone (patch) from the Ultra. I found setting the Hi Resonance in the speaker section of the amp block to approx 5.00 and the low cut and high cut in the tone tab to 75 and 5000-6000Hz gets that tone back for me.
The normal guitar speaker Hz range should be between 75Hz and 5KHz. It's a good starting point. The AxeII has so much room to achieve the desired effect it's just knowing where to find it.

Back
Top Bottom