Ultra to MPC One

Cmurph240

Hi all,

I've had my ultra for 5 years now and just got an MPC One. Does anyone know if you can run from the ultra into the MPC?

My usual bedroom setup has been my ibanez into the fractal unit and out into studio monitors by PreSonus. Always been happy with it, never wanted to upgrade for any reason.

I got the MPC because I don't have a laptop and never had experience with ableton or anything anyway, and the mpc seemed more like an instrument to me in that it's a standalone init, like other instruments, and while still a piece of tech, its more fun to me than using a laptop or something.

Thanks in advance, I asked at the MPC forum and not many members over there play guitar let alone use a piece of kit like a Fractal Unit.

Yep.

Axe outputs L/R into mpc inputs L/R

MPC outputs into the presonus monitors.

You can also run midi out from the axe to midi in on the mpc for hands free looping etc.

Thanks! You just saved me a grand lol I was about to grab an FM3 from the fractal site if I wasn't able to connect these two machines. Just another reason the Ultra keeps paying for itself many times over. To think, these things were $600 used when I got it. I just looked on eBay and someone has their ultra listed with 20 viewers at $1700

You’re connecting the audio output of one device to the audio inputs of another device. It’d be the same for anything else including the FM3. thumbs

I read abouttt the mpc needing balanced trs cables, some guitar recording members on the mpc forum use a di box to balance the lines. I don't think it's as simple as normal Input output goes. That's partly why I checked here. With the ultra, do I need to use a di box? As far as I can see the only balanced outputs on the machine are for microphones.

With the ultra, do I need to use a di box? As far as I can see the only balanced outputs on the machine are for microphones.

DI boxes are for converting a high impedance instrument signal into a lower impedance line level signal.

The Axe Ultra outputs are already line level, so you won’t need a DI.

You will more than likely be okay just going straight from the axe to the mpc with standard instrument cables. Although the connections are unbalanced, it won’t be a problem unless you’re running 100 ft of cable.

Thanks for all your info, been very helpful. I've been trying to err on the side of caution when it comes to pieces of equipment over $500, now that life expenses have taken their true form, lol.

Last thing I wanna do is slowly fry the mpc and be past my warranty by the time I figured out it was as simple as doing a little research, asking helpful people like yourself questions.

Anyone know what the "thru" midi female next to in and out is for ?
A MIDI output sends out data that was generated within the device, by playing its keys, turning a knob, moving a performance controller, or operating its internal sequencer. A MIDI thru sends a copy of the data that is entering a device back out, so that it can be routed to additional devices.

Back
Top Bottom