Ultra is on the way, please look at my gear list and tell me what you think I can use

WannaRock

Hello, I have posted a few times today. As I prepair the nest for the arrival for the Ultra. I am trying to think about what the best tools I already own that will work with it the best.

To start with I have a JVM410 I was planning to run in 4cm with the Ultra. I like my sound coming out loud and into a 4x12 if possible.

Another device I have is a Edirol FA-101. Here is a link if you don't know what the FA-101 is. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep04/articles/edirolfa101.htm
I am hoping I can somehow run the JVM and the FA-101 off of the fractal. I am not sure if I will have the correct input output options? But I do have to find a way to interface the Ultra to my laptop.

Besides the fa-101, I have a gt-10 "midi capable" a line 6 DI gold and a M13 "midi capable". I don't think I will have much need for them anymore, but maybe you guys will think differently.

For a midi controller I have a fcb-1010 with a uno chip. Hopefully I can get that incorporated into the system.

Also I have some Large Tapco power monitors and record directly into Sonar x1.

That is about all the gear I have that may work with the Ultra. Hopefully I can weed some of it out in my mind before the Ultra arrives and have an idea of what can work with the Ultra.

Thanks for your suggestions on how I can get my Ultra up and recording without spending any more credit..;)

?

I don't get it, what is the joke. I am new here and can tell the forum is shook up at the moment. I just ask a question about my own personal gear and situation. If you don't have any advice or postitive to say. Why say anything? I have some pieces of gear I want to make the most of, to me, this is a great day. I am getting an ultra and it is on the way.

Companies are always progressing, it is the way it is supposed to be. I have watched fractal give away patch after patch after patch for years. Technology changes, we as consumers shop all the time for last years discontinued tv, car, washer, dryer, tools, guitars, amps. If nothing ever changed we would still be riding horses. I say good job fractal for trying to stay ahead of the competition and growing your company and product line. You name it we all try to get the latest and greatest.

I tell you what after reading some of the Ultra users that are satisfied with what they have, I am not going to frown or hang my head. I am going to turn it up, rock out and enjoy my new ultra with a smile on my face. But never the less thank you for any positive comments you can help me with.

Not much experience but from what I have heard, lots of people are very happy with their FCB-1010 with uno-chip.

Your Edirol should be all ok

Conect:
ULTRA --> Edirol (connect both in/out midi cables) --> laptop via Firewire

Monitors and Sonar I dont know anything about... if it works and sounds good, keep it and upgrade later on if needed.

Line6, M13, GT10 I guess you can sell off to free up some cash for later need

Thank you very much for your feedback Mr Guitarabuse. I got the M13 last week new with a 30 return if not satisfied, that will free up about 400.00, I am going to ship it back today. I am glad to hear that you think my edirol interface should work. I tried doing a search on here yesterday but my search function was locked. I am horrible at anything midi. I once had my fcb-1010 working about 4 years ago, but moved on and put it in the closet. From the sound of it, the fcb1010 and the edirol fa101 should work, they were my two question mark items. I will progress with trying to get them to work with the Ultra. I am really excited and can't wait for the Ultra to arrive. Thanks again for your help.

Thank you very much for your feedback Mr Guitarabuse. I got the M13 last week new with a 30 return if not satisfied, that will free up about 400.00, I am going to ship it back today. I am glad to hear that you think my edirol interface should work. I tried doing a search on here yesterday but my search function was locked. I am horrible at anything midi. I once had my fcb-1010 working about 4 years ago, but moved on and put it in the closet. From the sound of it, the fcb1010 and the edirol fa101 should work, they were my two question mark items. I will progress with trying to get them to work with the Ultra. I am really excited and can't wait for the Ultra to arrive. Thanks again for your help.

You´re welcome. you might want to get a MIDI MERGER, from eg Midi Solutions, so you can use your ULTRA + FCB-1010 and AXE EDITOR together when creating and tweaking patches.
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm

Your GT-10 could be used to access presets, provide a volume or wah control, and maybe 2 more things if you add 2 external footswitches. At least, that's the way my GT-8 worked. I finally decided to go with a VooDoo Lab Ground Control and 2 expression pedals instead. I decided to keep the GT-8 as an emergency backup or in case I'm playing in a situation that would endanger my beloved Ultra.

Thanks for the post nccarg, I guess I could use the gt-10 just for midi and an expression pedal until I get something else. I may be able to get by without the fa101 if I did that? Just not use its sound functions. I really do not get along to well with midi, it has a way of kicking my butt. I think my best sinerio would be if I could latch on to a fcb1010 file that someone else uses, import it and alter it for my needs. I am now thinking I may need a midi merger like Mrguitarabuse pointed out above? Yikes, something else to learn.

The more thougth I put into this whole switch to the Ultra, the more I think, maybe I will just try to learn some basics on the Ultra to start. When I get a small hold on the unit maybe try to incorporate midi to it.

Back
Top Bottom