Ultra Firmware Version 7.15 Up

No such thing as noise reduction that is too accurate - I appreciate any updates I can get and <10% CPU is fine for me. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the diligence & dedication Cliff. These days it's nearly unheard of for a company to be so dedicated to their product and user base. I consider the Axe to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.

voes said:
tonygtr said:
BrianCarroll said:
2% is NOT a lot.
If you're really short on CPU with some patches, you'll be able to bypass the gate and use a vol/pan block linked to an env. modifier - it saves a little bit more than 1%.

It ALOT when you're running around 90% CPU usage.

+1!
I use 95-96% for my patches (Ultra) :cool:

You guys are using way too many effects ! :lol:
(just kidding)

FractalAudio said:
I've removed 7.15 from the server. After the complaints about the noise gate I totally rewrote the algorithm. It now uses basically the same algorithm as the Gate/Exp block and works much better. I also added an Attack control so you can set it how you like. The downside is it uses around 2% more CPU. If you set the Threshold to minimum the gate is bypassed and CPU usage is near zero.

An attack control is great!
2% CPU increase is fine in my book....

AlbertA said:
FractalAudio said:
I've removed 7.15 from the server. After the complaints about the noise gate I totally rewrote the algorithm. It now uses basically the same algorithm as the Gate/Exp block and works much better. I also added an Attack control so you can set it how you like. The downside is it uses around 2% more CPU. If you set the Threshold to minimum the gate is bypassed and CPU usage is near zero.

If it is a vote: I agree with above.
Back to 7.13 for me

Regards,

Windoor

AlbertA said:
FractalAudio said:

I am with you on that one.. I will take any improvement in the gate that I can get since I am playing a strat with single coils,

Mik.

AlbertA said:
FractalAudio said:

I'm happy about an improved gate. 2% is fine with me too but remember Cliff said it is basically a MAX of 2%

I wouldn't worry about a tiny 2%. Is it possible to have both in there - an option to choose the old noise gate for those who can't cope with the 2% notion, and another option for those who dig progress :) :?:

Back
Top Bottom