Ultra and new Port City 100 watt Pearl rig....with pics

Hi guys. I just snapped a few shots of the new rig. Here is the rundown:

Vox V847 with true bypass and volume boost mod
Sahana Boost V2
Boss FV-500 Volume Pedal
Boss tuner (Out of signal path, fed from the volume pedal)
Voodoo labs Ground Control Pro

Axe Fx Ultra
Port City Pearl (100 watt)
Both the Axe and Pearl are powered through a Furman Power Conditioner in a Gator 3 space soft case
2x12 OS Wave Cabinet loaded with V30's.

All instrument cable is Lava ELC and mini ELC. Speaker cable is Kimber 4VS.

1002078.jpg

By portcityamps at 2010-10-20

1002085v.jpg

By portcityamps at 2010-10-20

I have had dozens of rigs and this one is by far the best sounding, most versatile I have owned. (For full disclosure I do own and operate Port City amps.)

Daniel

Looks nice. Many / Most people operate their Axe-Fx's without the Cab Sims on when using external guitar amps / cabs. However, some have said they like them simultaneously. Do you run with cab sims on or off?

Nice!
I am still saving for my 2 12 OS. Washer went out, Taxes chewed me up. Hasnt cured my GAS for one.
I guess it depends if your speaker type already color the sound as to if to use sims or not.
I currently use open back cab with EVM Pros. They dont color the sound too much compared to other speakers so I like to use sims.
ymmv

Shaloha said:
Looks nice. Many / Most people operate their Axe-Fx's without the Cab Sims on when using external guitar amps / cabs. However, some have said they like them simultaneously. Do you run with cab sims on or off?

No cab sims are needed with my setup.

Daniel

are you using going through the the fx block and using the amp sims? if so are you using poweramp sims? I bet 100 watts of clean power wouldn't color the tone too much. Or are you using the axe fx as an fx unit only?

jhuggins said:
are you using going through the the fx block and using the amp sims? if so are you using poweramp sims? I bet 100 watts of clean power wouldn't color the tone too much. Or are you using the axe fx as an fx unit only?

I am using the Axe just like a pedal board direct into the front of the amp. I only use the amp sims for the high gain tones. Everything else is the BB pedal sim or the Sahana Boost pedal on the board. I wish I had a decent video camera that had good sound. Let me work on that....

Daniel

Sweet rig! As mentioned above, I too am awaiting my chance to grab one of your cabs at some point soon. For the time being, I am running through the power amp section of a JCM800 into a Marshal cab. Sounds stellar but neither the amp or the cab are mine, borrowing from a buddy who is off on a work assignment in India for a couple of years.

Dinkledorf said:
Sweet rig! As mentioned above, I too am awaiting my chance to grab one of your cabs at some point soon. For the time being, I am running through the power amp section of a JCM800 into a Marshal cab. Sounds stellar but neither the amp or the cab are mine, borrowing from a buddy who is off on a work assignment in India for a couple of years.

You have to do what you have to do!

Update...I am getting a new pedalboard. It will rule. Stay tuned!

Daniel

I've tried a few different Port City designs and they have all been excellent. I'm seriously considering going to a couple of the 1X12 OS cabs for my rig. My Ultra has lived happily in the loop of my Guytron for two years and I've been super happy with it. I've never tried it in front of the amp but I use the gain channel a lot so I don't think it would translate.

JT

this rig looks a similar to mine ;) just like daniel said, it's by far the best sounding and most versatile rig i've ever owned

DSCN0092.jpg

Back
Top Bottom