Ultimate Weapon

chris5150

Inspired
Well yes quite a name James Tyler came up for this one .. my first thought when I saw them was wow only a guitar it’s mother could love .. but I have come to love JT guitars in general, the fingerboards ,playability , pickups and wiring options all add to incredibly versatile instruments , yes I know the headstocks are a love/hate thing
Anyway quite intrigued as well by the super x pickup that is a full on high power jobby but with a push pull to turn into a paf style
So incoming in a week or so probably the most ugly duckling guitar I have ever gone for , but beautiful as well .. really really looking forward to playing this one in the flesh as it were ….
Nice to have something so differant to all my Les Paul / strat shapes …

Attachments

• IMG_6983.jpeg
    IMG_6983.jpeg
    615.8 KB · Views: 213
It's like he went out of his way to make the headstock uglier! :D

One day I hope to play one. I assume they must play really well.

Hope you like it - the neck looks nice!

Does take a bit of getting use to aesthetically, but from what all I hear JT’s are some of the best guitars. The neck and cutaway and back carve looks really nice.

That thing looks incredible to me. I love every damn thing about it. This is exactly what upper fret access should look like. It's ironic to me that the two guitars I know of with the best upper fret access are from companies at opposite ends of the spectrum of reputation: The Ultimate Weapon and The Dean Exile.

I also love the headstock, overall body shape, the look of the pickups, the finish, and the inlays. If I could afford it this might be the guitar for me.

I hope the tone and feel live up to it! From everything I've read, Tylers always have mojo, so I think you're going to be in good hands.

Well yes quite a name James Tyler came up for this one .. my first thought when I saw them was wow only a guitar it’s mother could love .. but I have come to love JT guitars in general, the fingerboards ,playability , pickups and wiring options all add to incredibly versatile instruments , yes I know the headstocks are a love/hate thing
Anyway quite intrigued as well by the super x pickup that is a full on high power jobby but with a push pull to turn into a paf style
So incoming in a week or so probably the most ugly duckling guitar I have ever gone for , but beautiful as well .. really really looking forward to playing this one in the flesh as it were ….
Nice to have something so differant to all my Les Paul / strat shapes …
Love that Chris. That will stop you changing the pickups.:tearsofjoy:

That thing looks incredible to me. I love every damn thing about it. This is exactly what upper fret access should look like. It's ironic to me that the two guitars I know of with the best upper fret access are from companies at opposite ends of the spectrum of reputation: The Ultimate Weapon and The Dean Exile.

I also love the headstock, overall body shape, the look of the pickups, the finish, and the inlays. If I could afford it this might be the guitar for me.

I hope the tone and feel live up to it! From everything I've read, Tylers always have mojo, so I think you're going to be in good hands.
Dana Scoop?

Look it up ;)

Back
Top Bottom