Ultimate bedside amp?

Matt_B_77

Power User
I've been looking for a simple and small solution for a bedside amp. I looked at all the various feature complete models (e.g. Katana Air, Yamaha THR, etc) but none of them have the feel and response of FA gear, at least for me.

After getting an FM-3, I still have my AX-8 laying around so I started looking at small Bluetooth speakers but I wasn't finding the basic feature I wanted - the ability to have an analog stereo signal and Bluetooth signal audible at the same time. This seems to me undesirable for a majority of the populous though so I was having no luck until I found the Roland BTM-1. Lots of info on that one so Google away. :)

It sounds fine for me, without any patch tweaking (from Xitone powered wedges) but I care more about the feel and response then the final tone. It's a practice amp albeit a powerful one :) Now it's easy to use my iPhone for everything (metronome, music playback, etc) via Bluetooth and have the guitar also set to go. I do go so far as to put the AX-8 on an Alexa controlled outlet and I'm thinking about picking up one of those inexpensive 2.4 wireless things from Amazon. Oh, I also found a right angle USB-B cable (it uses USB for power/recharging its batteries) and a right angle 1/8" stereo (for the AX-8 signal) to make it even lower profile.

IMG-3547.jpg

IMG-3548.jpg

IMG-3550.jpg

Back
Top Bottom