UK - Anyone got Axefx 2 in the UK

I'm glad I got the MFC when I did. It's a great little controller at a very reasonable price; however, there in no programming software for it.

Synfactory - this is purely a guess based on the 16 units Cliff sent to the Tone Merchants waiting list last week.
I have no idea how many units were in the " smaller shipment " but on the forums I've only seen Jochen, Yek and Deathmetalmachine be supplied Axe II's from G66 so far. Anyone else who's been supplied an Axe II from G66 please hold up your hand as 3 units is indeed a small shipment. Given this logic ( again, theoretically ;) ) 16 units would indeed be a much larger shipment ! ( over 5x bigger ! )

It's enough if you ordered in 2010!

So it seems. But also, it seems that the people who joined the waiting list in 2011 will have a more modern version of the Axe FX II.
Is there someone who wants to give me their vintage 2010 place for a pretty new, 9 of may 2011 place?
I assure you, you will not be disappointed!

I've found it strange how many who acquired a unit early sold it right away - some even untouched. When I get mine I'm going to play it until it melts ;) Am hoping we're all proven wrong in 9 days time as my heart goes out to anyone who will have to wait 9+ months to get one ! Hoping this shipment is huge - for all of our sanity ;)

A word of advice... a Stagg 688 pedalboard case will, just about, fit your MFC and 2 Mission Engineering expression pedals.

I've found it strange how many who acquired a unit early sold it right away - some even untouched. When I get mine I'm going to play it until it melts ;) Am hoping we're all proven wrong in 9 days time as my heart goes out to anyone who will have to wait 9+ months to get one ! Hoping this shipment is huge - for all of our sanity ;)

Thanks David to prove that my theory of the "modern units" is right!
I don't want to convince anyone here but let me say a couple of secrets that I learned from an "inside".
It seems that these "2011 G66 waiting list units" will have a chassis builded with a mix of 24k Gold and an unidentified black material founded on a meteorite from mars.
Plus there will be a secret FX available on the grid, accesible only if you put your penis in the instrument jack and at the same time press enter, edit and store buttons.
It is called "Ghost of a 12ax7 valve" that will exponentially "warms" your sound.
Anyone? :)

NiceChris said:
A word of advice... a Stagg 688 pedalboard case will, just about, fit your MFC and 2 Mission Engineering expression pedals.

As we are from the UK I have used the Spider Engineering Pro Pedalboards for the MFC and 2 Mission expression pedals, there is also a enough room to house a couple of Fuzzes and some other stuff. I have the Large one and it is great for this set up. If all you want is the MFC then the medium fits fine, although they did not seem to have them last time I looked( the mediums)

Thanks - I will look into these as when the MFC+Axe II bundle arrives I already have 1x mission pedal and will get another too so a pedalboard will be very useful am sure !

I think I'm probably the first in England to have one in terms of your average Joe user.
I ordered mine back in June this year. I should have had it at the end of June, but my friend took a long time to send it to me in the states.

WIWW Chris the Kicktabs are lovely :) especially he Glow in the Dark Labels. Having got those now and had the German Stomplables first I can say the Kicktabs are better.

As for the AFX2 - I spoke to Sussi the day I heard Chris was finally getting his (were good frinds and I get Text updates regualrly :) ) I got on the list on announcment day - back in May. While Im not rushed cos Ive had a Standard for 3 years next month I still want o get my grubby mitts on one. Suzzi told me I would get mine from the latest shipment but my order should be met on the next shipment due late September.

Obviously that depends on exact numbers which havent been confirmed for the next shipment yet, but Shes always been pretty accurate once she says things like that. After waiting 7 months for my Standard - 6 months for an Atomic (that I didnt go through with) and 5 months for an MFC Im used to these waits - and also used to reading the infromation I get from G66 for its "true" meaning. Im fairly confidant Ill have one in my hands by mid October.

FWIW Chris the Kicktabs are lovely :) especially he Glow in the Dark Labels. Having got those now and had the German Stomplables first I can say the Kicktabs are better.

As for the AFX2 - I spoke to Sussi the day I heard Chris was finally getting his (were good frinds and I get Text updates regualrly :) ) I got on the list on announcment day - back in May. While Im not rushed cos Ive had a Standard for 3 years next month I still want to get my grubby mitts on one. Suzzi told me I wouldn't get mine from the latest shipment but my order should be met on the next shipment due late September.

Obviously that depends on exact numbers which havent been confirmed for the next shipment yet, but Shes always been pretty accurate once she says things like that. After waiting 7 months for my Standard - 6 months for an Atomic (that I didnt go through with) and 5 months for an MFC Im used to these waits - and also used to reading the infromation I get from G66 for its "true" meaning. Im fairly confidant Ill have one in my hands by mid October.

Fingers crossed I make the next shipment ( in around 8 days ? ) just wondering why I havent been emailed by Sussi yet.
You'd think if they knew 100% they were going to have a customers order ready to ship in less than 10 days they'd let the customer know by now. I guess am just understandly cautious after the past 9 1/2 months !! I'll buy a beer and a party popper for next Saturday just in case though ;)

David, I think they're probably just reluctant to say anything now until they actually have the units from Fractal in hand, or a shipping note saying they're on the way. I'd guess they've been burned pretty hard by passing on info that wasn't delivered on by Fractal for whatever reason.

I assume anyways, I can't imagine G66 would have just been sending emails around regarding ETAs without getting that info directly from Fractal first. Unfortunately for G66, they're the ones who will catch the grief when the dates keep slipping when really, it's pretty much out of their hands in the grand scheme.

I wouldn't be suprised if G66 don't send any more predictive mails until unit production/delivery ramps up to a steady rate.

Drama - understood.
I wish they'd adopted this policy back in December 2010. As good natured as I am it's very taxing having faith in a company who gives you 1 date, then another, then another...
I've never been given a straight answer as to why they've been so far off and trying to always see the good in things, they gain nothing from giving out false dates so I often wonder where the fault lies ? Just with all the previous dates they've tossed at me ( and us ! ) hoping this is the one !
Here's a fictional but good natured 8 day countdown for us from the Nov / Dec 2010 group on the offchance it works out :

8 : The number of attempts you should have on a Friday night to get your key in the keyhole after a night out drinking before accepting you'll just have to sleep in the garden shed or stage dive your front door instead.

Back
Top Bottom