Uberschall

JoeHans

Inspired
I made this last night testing my new Uberschall patch:

The bass is also recorded through Ultra. Any feedback on the guitar tone and the mix in general are more than welcome.

Reactions: yek
Nice work and nice tone.

IMHO there's too much/out of control low end and the leads are too buried in the mix.

Reactions: yek
cut the low in the rhythm tracks to make way for the bass and kick.... less compression... pumping pretty heavily. can pull the mids up a tad in the lead tracks to get it to pop out more. not bad.

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it. I agree there's a ton of low end on this guitar tone. Sounds bad ass alone but gets a bit muddy in the mix. Actually the patch is originally made to be used with a Matrix gt1000fx accompanied with vintage 30 2x12" cab. I just added a ownhammer beta impulse to split the signal for direct and gets very close to the sound and feel with a real cab (more low end though). I love the fact I can play through the Matrix and record direct with almost the same tone and feel.

Also I pretty much suck at mastering. There's a Waves OneKnob Louder (got it free as a "Black Friday deal") in the master bus. Probably should dig into some mastering guides to get better results on that.

Try to leave your guitar tone as it is and low cut it in the DAW.
Raise the low cut (with the full mix playing) until the guitars will sound bad, then lower it a little.

You will surprise how much this will clean up your mix and leave space for the bass guitar. It's the bass guitar that delivers the "balls".

Back
Top Bottom