Uberschall thoughts?

funkle said:
It's one of my favorites too. It's got that sizzle, and bass that you associate with metal amps, but it still lets the character of the guitar come through in the midrange. Very useful when you want a tone that cuts through the mix, but still sounds musical.

I'd say you hit the nail on its head there.

hunter said:
Replying to the original post: I am also using a tube poweramp, and yesterday I auditioned for a metal band here in Brussels. I had dialed in 4 patches, 2 Ueber, one Das Metal and one SLO and one of the Uebers killed the other two. Gotta say that I am normally not a metal player, more rock, so it was new territorry for me, also the cab in the space there was a Marshall with G12T75s, so it took some dialing in.

What I found in using the ueber with a tube rig is that you gotta keep the master just below noon, there is a hike in bass content/fullness when Master goes beyond that. Keep it lower and put sag at 9 o'clock, keeping warmth below 2, that brings you closer. I had presence around 3 o'clock too, to add some fizz. It was a great metal tone with low output pickups (McCarty).

awesome, i'll have to give that a try!

Back
Top Bottom