U2 - Where the streets have no name - Here it is!!!!

saffer

Hey all, this is my first patch,
I guess I chose a pretty tough one to try to crack as a first patch but this was one of the main reasons for me getting the axe..

Anyway, it sound great.
A few notes though,
I play it through a PRS CU22 so the GeQ is tweaked to give me that quacky chimey sound in the coil tapped position - volume halfish, tone halfish.
You might need to adjust it a bit if you plug in a Strat in the quack position.

I also use a single amp so I've summed up L+R everywhere, you can probably mess with panning the delays and get an even more killer sound.

Please try it out and give me some feedback (pun intended :D)

Let us know what guitar/amp/frfr your playing through and how it sounds/how you tweaked it.

Enjoy

Attachments

• u2 - streets.syx
    2 KB · Views: 417
Very nice! Just a bit extreme. The delays are louder than the direct sound (mix >50%) and the shimmers are a bit strong. So is the EQ... :shock:
You have one of the two cabs dangling loose. I prefer to delete it, connecting it adds a honk that shouldn't be there IMO.
Took my strat (which is pretty bright, even for a strat) I turned down the treble, turned off the bright, Turned off the GEQ, added a pedalmodifier to the multidelay output set from 0 to 60. I think there are no shimmers on Streets. Can't hear them anywhere.

But the delays mix is great. Turned tempo down to 120. Had a nice flashback moment playing along with the Youtube rooftop video. :D And that Superbowl halftime show 2002. Man, those names just keep coming up... And they were only on C when they drop the curtain. The F's on the third row are FDNY. Very impressive. Stupid human race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq08ouOwiqQ
Sorry, had to link it.

I actually used that preset at practice tonight for kicks. They said: "So, you got a synthesizer in there too?"

I had used the violins preset earlier... Which actually is a synthesizer. This one is just pitch shifting and delays... :lol: :lol:
I love my Axe-FX.

Back
Top Bottom