U2 Where the Streets Have no Name - Clip: v1.03

Lots of nice pick chirp on the strings in that clip. I like it.

Also, if you right click on a dropbox file and select Copy Public Link, you'll get a link on your clipboard that you can just straight paste in to the forum like this:

Which will automagically turn in to a little audio player like that when you save the post or reply. Neat, right?

Also, if you right click on a dropbox file and select Copy Public Link, you'll get a link on your clipboard that you can just straight paste in to the forum like this:

Do you have a paid subscription to Dropbox? I have a free account and all I get are these options;

upload_2015-12-2_7-13-54.png

Do you have a paid subscription to Dropbox? I have a free account and all I get are these options;

No. I have a free account. The share link I generate on my computer. I rarely use the Dropbox web UI. I get it from the file in my Dropbox folder on disk.

It looks like this for me on my Mac:

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 11.36.01 AM.png

Last edited:
PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! :rolleyes:

PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! PRE-SET! :rolleyes:

Here you go. Keep in mind, I use a Boss CS-2 before the Axe-Fx preset.

Lots of nice pick chirp on the strings in that clip. I like it.

The secret to getting the 'chirp on the strings', which I'm sure you already know, is the dimples on the sideways Herdim pick.

upload_2015-12-3_9-22-51.jpeg

Attachments

• Streets v1.03 - 12-01-15.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 72
17382-e604984c5ec57a0226e45aac806fe40d.jpg

Attachments

• hd-blau.jpg
    hd-blau.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 5
Sounds really good to me. Is that a preset you made? If so, wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

Yes, it is a preset that I made. I've been working on it for a while, tweaking as I go. What you heard in the clip was a real SDD-3000 into the Axe's AC30 block, but the Axe version of the SDD preamp combined with either the vintage or digital mono delay is almost identical to my ears. I'll try to tweak the SDD and Delay blocks in the preset and post it later today, if I can. :)

That would be great, I certainly would appreciate having a look at your preset. Do you have an MK I/II or an XL/XL+? Do you have the SDD-3000 rack mount or an SDD clone pedal?

I never even thought of using a real SDD preamp into the AC30 block. Didn't think you could use an analog preamp in the digital realm. You definitely have me intrigued now. :)

Thanks!!!

That would be great, I certainly would appreciate having a look at your preset. Do you have an MK I/II or an XL/XL+? Do you have the SDD-3000 rack mount or an SDD clone pedal?

I never even thought of using a real SDD preamp into the AC30 block. Didn't think you could use an analog preamp in the digital realm. You definitely have me intrigued now. :)

Thanks!!!

I have the MK II, and the SDD is the original rackmount unit. It's in the Axe's effects loop. I didn't think that there was any reason that I couldn't use it, but I think it sounds good. The Axe's SDD emulation is really close, though. :)

I have the MK II, and the SDD is the original rackmount unit. It's in the Axe's effects loop. I didn't think that there was any reason that I couldn't use it, but I think it sounds good. The Axe's SDD emulation is really close, though. :)

I have an MK I, so when you get a chance, I look forward to trying your preset.

I had a mint condition SDD-3000, which I just sold. Sounded amazing in front of my real AC30. I still have the SDD3K pedal and the new SDD-3000 pedal. May try putting one in the effects loop with your preset. I agree, the SDD model in the Axe is really close.

Last edited:
I have an MK I, so when you get a chance, I look forward to trying your preset.

I had a mint condition SDD-3000, which I just sold. Sounded amazing in front of my real AC30. I still have the SDD3K pedal and the new SDD-3000 pedal. May try putting one in the effects loop with your preset. I agree, the SDD model in the Axe is really close.

OK, here it is. I'm not too sure what I had happening in Scenes 2-4 and 6-8, but Scene 1 is the main preset with the Axe SDD and Delay. Scene 5 has an effects loop for the SDD. Depending on your guitar, you may have to change the output level on the delay or the effects loop to get the amp to drive the correct amount for your ears. Also, the your guitar will have a major impact on the sound. Not all Strats work for this song, IMO. Anyway, let me know what you think. :)

Attachments

• U2-Streets.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom