U2 - Pride (Slane Castle Version)

pmella

Hello guys,

I was playing tonight with one of my favorite songs. I made a little loop with Konkat5 and, of course, the guitar was recorded with the AXE-FX XL directly to my macbook pro, with logic pro x. I hope you like it.

here is the original

Last edited:
Nice! Sounds a little too clean though, have you tried the SDD Drive type? Great for giving that distinctive Edge crunch to the tone. - or possibly I'm just thinking that because the bass is too clean, if you listen to the video there's a lot of mid-range growl to it. Sometimes I'll duplicate a bass track, cut off the low end and stick some distortion on it. Then I blend just a little of that with the main bass tone, gives it a nice punch.

Nice! Sounds a little too clean though, have you tried the SDD Drive type? Great for giving that distinctive Edge crunch to the tone. - or possibly I'm just thinking that because the bass is too clean, if you listen to the video there's a lot of mid-range growl to it. Sometimes I'll duplicate a bass track, cut off the low end and stick some distortion on it. Then I blend just a little of that with the main bass tone, gives it a nice punch.

I completely agree with you.. it is more clean than the video. I believe it is because two reasons: (a) I need a string change and (b) the preset needs a little more tweak lol..

I am currently using the SDD block. I believe the main mix (the mastering) needs an additional adjustment to.. but, you know.. It can always be better :) Thanks for listening, and thanks for your feedback!!!!

My older version here based on Slane tone. All Axe-Fx but used Liverpool for amp modeling because firmware wasn't as advanced back then. Today I can get exactly this tone with the Axe-Fx.

Back
Top Bottom