U2 - Pride (Quantum 1.05 and Cab Pack 18)

good job.
It sounds really good

I let you compare (and judge :p) with my own attempt. (sound sligthly different from yours)
It was more a test with my current AC30 U2 base tone and delays as a real cover.

(played with guitar tuned in Eb because I don't retune my guitar from Eb to E all the time) .

I have two delays after the amp in this case.

I am curious about the preset of pmella. (amp / cab setting + IR used)
Great sound for this song (of course hundreds of versions available !)
It has some more grit and some more high end as my own sound (made with 1.03 and without the recent proposal in the Edo AC30 Thread).
I should maybe change my worn out blue Herdim :eek:

my base tone U2/AC30 is from a preset from VIC (Hello my friend ;) ) available on U2GT forum.
It is good for Pride, All I want is you, Bad, Heartland, Spanish eyes, ...... Many songs.
The delays TC2290 sounds fantastic in my opinion

Just as example of how this preset is versatile, these two attempts are made exactly with the same preset, just different tempos.
(I don't say I am the best player around).

. The preset is here.

http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/showthread.php?5386-Pride-(Album-Version-Style)-No-Vocals/page2
post #12

I don't remember which are exactly my IR's. I think i use the vox 2x12 65 IR available here on the forum + another one I don't remember.
I should check.
Vic uses factory IR's and one free IR from the German fest 2014 (just read the posts on U2GT)

That said, back to topic ; I remain curious about Pmella preset :D

Last edited:
Yep, sounds great! Perfect tone. But in my experience, I've never noticed a difference with the delay before or after the amp in the Axe-Fx, and I don't like to lose the stereo effects of the delay, so I put it after. I've done a blind test (had someone else place it before or after while I wasn't looking) and I couldn't tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom