TX STAR CLEAN

its my go to. I don't know about a real specimen, but the FAS version is hands down the best IMO. You just have to play with it. Best to have An A/B reference of a real tube clean that your fond of.

I have gotten the most awesome clean with absolutely no grit, but punchy and loud as hell. Dirty cleans are another animal in my book, so I wouldn't speak to that in this case.

its my go to. I don't know about a real specimen, but the FAS version is hands down the best IMO. You just have to play with it. Best to have An A/B reference of a real tube clean that your fond of.

I have gotten the most awesome clean with absolutely no grit, but punchy and loud as hell. Dirty cleans are another animal in my book, so I wouldn't speak to that in this case.

+1 on the quality of the Lonestar clean. It's as good as the real deal for sure.

If you're having a problem with "dirty" cleans, dial up a typically "dirty" amp and set it "clean". Case in point, I use the JCM-800 with my Teles for playing P&W music. That particular amp can go from pristine clean, to punchy clean, to clean with hair, to "dirty" clean, crunch, and just plain all out rock and roll....just by pickup selection and volume pot on the guitar and your picking dynamics.

I've dabbled with the Tx Star lead model several times, obviously with a mid to high gain focus. Never came up with anything I really liked. Thank you dustinjm1 for this post or I might never have drilled down into the clean model. It truly is something special. As of last night it is my new standard amp for punchy cleans. The Vibroverb will always have some of the clean duties in my rig, but it just took a back seat to the Tx Star for clean jazz, blues and spank. Killer tone....thank you Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom