Two Strat Lead Settings: Which do you think works better?

Gamedojo

Power User
Just having fun here. I know I'm splitting hairs BIG TIME here and know there isn't really enough of a difference between these two, but I'm curious what others hear. I'm building this patch for a lead part in a tune playing on Wednesday night.

The difference between them is the input and master settings. One is master at 10 and input at 1.0 and the other is master at 9 and input at 1.5 (but not telling which is which):

Drive Test 1

Drive Test 2

Tyler

This IS splitting hair.... but I'mma say the second one. Why? the first bent note from the clip had a glassier tone to my ears. I love glass :). But first one had a bit more oomph. I guess it's up to you. LoL

On cheap computer speakers I prefer the first one. I may have a different answer when I listen to this again at home on studio monitors. ;)

I hear more "single coil" in the first tone, that high end "squeaky" thing (someone toss me a better word!) that I like so much about single coils.

Terry.

#1 ...... seems a bit more stratty in character and should cut through nicely ...... both nice tho!

Interesting. Seems most prefer #1.

Fwiw, #1 is the master on 9 and the input at 1.5.

its the vibroverb amp into a greenback and C12N Speaker, with a Peaking filter boost in front. 3db Gain, Q:0.35 around 3K and 8db level.

...oh, and I'm still on 7.0 firmware... can't wait to hear my patches with an update in the near future.

Too close to really tell when just listening through a computer. Its really only matters what your hearing with them in front of you at this point.

Back
Top Bottom