Two Stone Appreciation (also takes fuzzes very very well!)

musicman0001

Experienced
1674652322913.png

Lately I'm very into new amps and sounds. And I have tried the Two-Rock 35. When you have your setup correct (and I finally have it set up better then ever, bit still not threated so my lows and highs can get out of control) you almost can not get bad sounds out of this amp.

Played with several settings and pedals. And I fell in love with this amp. It has a feel and sound that I do not get from my main go to amps and it delivers almost dumble like tones.

When you have gain and volume high up it still has an open feel, especially in the highs. It can get a little muddy in the lows, but this can be nice too. In my setup it took pedals very easy. And especially I found it easy to use fuzz with this amp.

It's not a metal amp (at least not to me), but you can have clean, edge of breakup tone and dynamic open higher gain sounds.

Oh yeah: rolling your volume is also something that works very well with this amp!

I am lately mainly using 2x12 ZILLA CREAM 57 ML (ALN version or V30 or mixed).
And I use these for ALL amps

BUT NOTA BENE/PS:

I have made my setup that my Ibanez AZ Stratocaster AND Musicman Steve Morse can both take the IR's and AMP's. Also the PU's are matched agains the ALN so I can use both guitars with ONE preset. This took some time to figure out. But I have now real strat sound, gibson rock sounds, tele caster and many many more with these 2 guitars.
Using ADAM 7 (home) OR MF10 FRFR Speakers (gigvolume)

It's a STEREO setup including the amps realy seperated left and right. This is especially something that the low's do behave a little more controlled (not cab summing).

So it works for me, but not on your setup. Although it should work for both single coils and humbucker. I use 8 different PU's of them from my 2 guitars.

1674752833013.png

Attachments

• 26012023-Two Stone testpreset.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 14
View attachment 114996

Lately I'm very into new amps and sounds. And I have tried the Two-Rock 35. When you have your setup correct (and I finally have it set up better then ever, bit still not threated so my lows and highs can get out of control) you almost can not get bad sounds out of this amp.

Played with several settings and pedals. And I fell in love with this amp. It has a feel and sound that I do not get from my main go to amps and it delivers almost dumble like tones.

When you have gain and volume high up it still has an open feel, especially in the highs. It can get a little muddy in the lows, but this can be nice too. In my setup it took pedals very easy. And especially I found it easy to use fuzz with this amp.

It's not a metal amp (at least not to me), but you can have clean, edge of breakup tone and dynamic open higher gain sounds.

Oh yeah: rolling your volume is also something that works very well with this amp!
Is that the amp Cliff said was one of the most unique he modelled.
When you hit a note, there's a brief little 'chirp.'
Or am I mistaken?

So it works for me...
Thanks for the post. I never heard of this amp. Had me jamming for quite a while. Could you explain some of your preset? Looks complex and I noticed it has no scene names. For example. I get having multi-drives even multiple delays and verbs but what does the second pitch do and why 2 gates, etc. Couldn't some of those redundant blocks be done with channels?

It's a full true stereo amp setup where I can choose different setups and this template I use for all presets as a start. For example the amps and the cabs are set to stereo and panned accordingly. And the phaser and chorus in front of the amp I can put parallel and with with or without a drive or boost. The intention is that left stay's left and that my FRFR speaker will only take one wide without being summed, so I could also have left and right behave different (one amp bright switch or a drive in front or even stereo processing one side different from the other).

The 2nd pitch is mainly for mesa stuff and is from the petrucci rig. The first is mainly for capo stuff or whammy stuff. And possibility to have reverb and delay's in paralel. When I want pitch after the mic I will transfer it after the return and mainly parallel.

So the short answer is: yes it can be smaller. But when I test amps or sounds I play around with many drives. And the left side is responding as a seperate amp. Only left is going to left (already in the amp). The gate in front and after the input is when I have high gain stuff.

So it's a roughly 70 to 80% MK2 turbo and all my preset's are all the same (mainly per amp or several amps (max 4). And I can also easily make a mono kitchensink preset with 8 amps. When I'm gigging I'm sure I will capture all essentials and have smaller presets per song.

Reactions: mwd
Back
Top Bottom