Two Rock Jet 35 Preset Walkthrough for the Strat/Silver Sky Fans

The Raven

Inspired

When I made the Silver Sky and Silver Sky SE videos, I had some people ask that I make a preset walkthrough/tutorial video. I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to tones like this or this style of playing, unlike a lot of you guys on the forum, so hopefully you guys end up liking what I came up with.

The tones are VERY vaguely John Mayer inspired just by virtue of the fact that I'm using a Two Rock model and a Silver Sky, but I'm not really trying to copy any of his tones in particular. Rather, I'm just trying to get sounds I like using a similar rig. @Jon Kaneshiro is honestly the king when it comes to nailing the Mayer tones and vibe IMO, so if that's what you are looking for, definitely check him out.

I'm using an IR from the @York Audio 212 M65 cab pack, so if you want to follow along 100% you'll definitely need that, but to me its more than worth it since that pack is fantastic and super versatile.

Let me know if you guys have any questions and more importantly let me know what you think! If you have suggestions about things I can do to make presets like this even better, I'd love to hear them as well.

When I made the Silver Sky and Silver Sky SE videos, I had some people ask that I make a preset walkthrough/tutorial video. I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to tones like this or this style of playing, unlike a lot of you guys on the forum, so hopefully you guys end up liking what I came up with.

The tones are VERY vaguely John Mayer inspired just by virtue of the fact that I'm using a Two Rock model and a Silver Sky, but I'm not really trying to copy any of his tones in particular. Rather, I'm just trying to get sounds I like using a similar rig. @Jon Kaneshiro is honestly the king when it comes to nailing the Mayer tones and vibe IMO, so if that's what you are looking for, definitely check him out.

I'm using an IR from the @York Audio 212 M65 cab pack, so if you want to follow along 100% you'll definitely need that, but to me its more than worth it since that pack is fantastic and super versatile.

Let me know if you guys have any questions and more importantly let me know what you think! If you have suggestions about things I can do to make presets like this even better, I'd love to hear them as well.

Wow, that means a lot to me! Thanks for that shoutout. Great tones here!

There are some great tones here and the video is really well put together. Thanks for sharing this!

If I'm hoping to be helpfully critical: the screen caps of the editor are quite blurry and a little hard to read.

Thanks dude. I found your channel after I made my first Silver Sky video and instantly subscribed. You’re a great player and you definitely have an ear for the tones.

Thank you. I hope it works well for you!
Thank you! Means a lot. Thanks for supporting my channel! Check out the new Traditional Clean-ish video. My favorite tone right now.

Thank you! Means a lot. Thanks for supporting my channel! Check out the new Traditional Clean-ish video. My favorite tone right now.
It's in my list of things to watch. Looking forward to it!

There are some great tones here and the video is really well put together. Thanks for sharing this!

If I'm hoping to be helpfully critical: the screen caps of the editor are quite blurry and a little hard to read.
Thank you so much. Do you have any tips as to how I can get a better screen grab? Currently just using Quicktime and recording the whole Screen (resolution is 1440p) and then I crop/center it so Axe Edit sits in the middle. On my computer/in the editing software it looks okay, but it does seem a bit fuzzier on YouTube.

It's in my list of things to watch. Looking forward to it!

Thank you so much. Do you have any tips as to how I can get a better screen grab? Currently just using Quicktime and recording the whole Screen (resolution is 1440p) and then I crop/center it so Axe Edit sits in the middle. On my computer/in the editing software it looks okay, but it does seem a bit fuzzier on YouTube.
Cool! Hope you dig it. Just recorded an SRV one that I’ll post this week too.

Back
Top Bottom