Two notes Torpedo usage

@FractalAudio I don't know Cliff, I mean you sure know better what it's made of, but I hear it captures something from the room I never heard from another IR. More roomish distance in the mids and the top-end sounds more airy in a good way whereas other IRs can just provide a nice balanced fizz at best. It makes them easy to post EQ, I can cut and boost without having to nitpick with certain frequency peaks. Can also get tons of air that doesn't sound like bees.

When I make an impulse out of theirs (applying a match-eq on a neutral impulse), it matches the tone 99.9%, but there are still the above mentioned issues. The hard pan sounds wrong and so does the top-end airiness. I will add a comparison later to illustrate.

--

First half is the IR, second are two note cabs + post EQ.

I did my best to get as close as possible from the best possible tone I could achieve. Still you should hear that the second half "opens up" a bit and its top end is juicier. On a side note, that IR is much closer than any other I ever had or made. But it sounds like a caricature (my best one though).

Last edited:
What's this LB-1 you speak of?!?!?
It may be that Cliff is having a joke on members like myself who would like to see a FAS Reactive loadbox/IR loader/effect processor to use with our tube amps since the AxeFx is suppose to replace the need for tube amps. The French rule in this market segment at the moment with the Torpedo line of products.

Back
Top Bottom