Two Notes IR's

I have loved Wall of Sound for a while now, and when I got the Axe-FX III I tried to capture IRs from it the same way I’ve successfully captured IRs from other plugins, by sending a 30 second sine wave through it and deconvolving using Reaverb. But it does not work with Wall of Sound for some reason, which tells me there’s more going on. The IRs I've gotten, only the ones I've captured from Wall of Sound, have sounded just totally wrong and totally different from the plugin, as if there were no cabinet at all; just very weird sounding.

However, I have been able to capture them using the Axe-FX III IR Capture utility, and weirdly, that works just fine! I've always wondered what the difference is.
I captured using wall of sound only last week but I used Voxengo deconvolver to create the ir and it was fine

Hi all, has anyone tried incorporating Two Notes DynIR's with their Axe, I'm thinking of trying it but does anyone know what hardware i'd need and if it works?

Thanks

Two Notes makes great products, been using them for years now. DynIR is a marketing term just like any other company use, what makes them dynamic is that you can move the mics front and back of any given cabinet with up to 2 mics in the hardware units.

If you have an audio interface you can try this absolutely free using the wall of sound software from them, its free and comes with many free cabinets.

I have purchased many cabinets from them as I have done from Fractal, the real bottom line is that the end user is to blame for bad tone if we can't get great tone with what's available, regardless the brand.

Is there a way for me to use the Fractal IR Capture tool to generate an IR of Sonarworks headphone/speaker correction running on my DAW? That way I could load up the IR within Axe-Edit instead of having to play through my DAW and deal with the latency.

I got the cab m on Saturday and it works just fine,I’m using as a 4 cable method. I will still use the Fractal IR’s but with this, it just adds more options if needed.

I have loved Wall of Sound for a while now, and when I got the Axe-FX III I tried to capture IRs from it the same way I’ve successfully captured IRs from other plugins, by sending a 30 second sine wave through it and deconvolving using Reaverb. But it does not work with Wall of Sound for some reason, which tells me there’s more going on. The IRs I've gotten, only the ones I've captured from Wall of Sound, have sounded just totally wrong and totally different from the plugin, as if there were no cabinet at all; just very weird sounding.

However, I have been able to capture them using the Axe-FX III IR Capture utility, and weirdly, that works just fine! I've always wondered what the difference is.

I captured using wall of sound only last week but I used Voxengo deconvolver to create the ir and it was fine
Yeah, I’ve done it with my FM9, Wall of Sound III and Apple’s Impulse Response Utility and it worked great. Indistinguishable.

Last edited:
But what have special this two notes irs? There are lot of great irs company already..
The difference is, Two notes DynIR's allow for positioning (a) virtual mic(s) in front of (a) virtual cab(s). That said, Two notes isn't the only company that offers this, but I like their implementation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom