TWO NEW CAB PACKS!

Tried out Clark's cab pack. They sound phenomenal, as was to be expected, but more than that- I want to specifically applaud his mic placement skills.
His impulses sound full, rich, and realistic without having mountains of unnecessary low end....like almost EVERY other impulse response I've tried (FAS, TAF, OH, user submissions, Guitarhack, Kalthallen, etc.).
Finally! After years of waiting, I got what I wanted.
I was on the verge of just giving up, buying my own Mesa cab and SM57, and recording the damn impulses myself. Now I won't have to.

You must really be Superman, because you've saved the day.

I've tried them all too and, I gave up last summer and sold my dual recto and then bought this cab :D and it's great we did this pack so every FAS user can have it!

As long as we have used Axe FX with Clark we've dreamed about THIS cab but no one ever did a pack of it, after all these years I'm glad we did it and hopefully all of you guys enjoy it as much as we do!

Hey Clark, can you give a best place to start for modern massive thick high gain tones? In the vein of Mouth of the Architect, Amenra, Cult of Luna... Etc. Cheers!

Hey Clark, can you give a best place to start for modern massive thick high gain tones? In the vein of Mouth of the Architect, Amenra, Cult of Luna... Etc. Cheers!

I didn't actually know these bands but I had a quick listen. For that kind of super massive low end I guess I'd suggest you try R121 IRs. If they're too dark then try the Alloy SM57-R121 IRs. They've got that realistic phase thing going on. Generally the R121 close miked has a lot of low end and the SM57 has those cutting mids. They're a nice pair together. :) I hope I've been of use.

Generally speaking I play modern metal myself and I use the Alloy SM57-MD421 IRs but they might a bit brighter than the bands that you mentioned.

I didn't actually know these bands but I had a quick listen. For that kind of super massive low end I guess I'd suggest you try R121 IRs. If they're too dark then try the Alloy SM57-R121 IRs. They've got that realistic phase thing going on. Generally the R121 close miked has a lot of low end and the SM57 has those cutting mids. They're a nice pair together. :) I hope I've been of use.

Generally speaking I play modern metal myself and I use the Alloy SM57-MD421 IRs but they might a bit brighter than the bands that you mentioned.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice sir!

sorry for asking again, but do these pacs have mix ir's in them or are they just individual mic captures?

The Cabs in the Attic pack has "reference" IR's for each cab which I am assuming is a mix, but it doesn't mention anything about mics used or placement. Otherwise it's just individual IR's with sometimes multiple ones per mic. (A,B, etc.)

dang, really a fan of the mix ir's. i really want to give these a run but don't have cab lab yet either, lol. boo....

My pack has real mic blends. They're definitely something new since they have intentional mic phase that sounds a bit more realistic with that certain smear and attack instead of normal blends. :)

cool, how well do you think they'll do for low to mid gain stuff? i play a lot of heavier stuff for fun, but my professional/gigging life is more country/southern rock. a mesa cab with v30's wouldn't be the first thing i'd think of for that stuff but you never know until you try i guess.

I just want to play Rush and Aerosmith.

Can I just by 1 cab IR to cover this or do I have to sift for a week to find something close to what I need?

Nice!! Have been waiting for the next FAS cab pack big time. Toys In The Attic was one of the first albums I ever bought..great cab pack name! I love 70's/mild/mid gain tones and this pack looks sooooo sweet for those types of sounds. Sold...!

The Cabs in the Attic pack has "reference" IR's for each cab which I am assuming is a mix

This is wrong. The reference IRs are the "coloration" of the used poweramp. These IRs can be used with future cab lab version for a compensation.

This is wrong. The reference IRs are the "coloration" of the used poweramp. These IRs can be used with future cab lab version for a compensation.

Well, there you go. :) It would be good if this were mentioned in the PDF that came with the pack.

Both packs are great, and you pretty much have an unlimited library if you have a laptop attached to the axe.

Having the good fortune of acquiring this exact Recto cab recently, I can honestly say that that pack is a very good representation of the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom