Two Mission SP-2(s)?

Four separate pedals would allow you to "set" four parameters within a patch. Two SP-2's would allow you to "control" four parameters in a patch, but only set two at a time. When you move the pedal to activate the toe switch, and select the other half of the pedal, you loose the settings you had established with the current half.

This setup would work well, and save space, if you only have two concurrent parameters to set within a patch. I have a similar setup with my Boss / LiquidFoot Pro combination. One pedal is set to control either the wah or volume swells. I don't need both of these at the same time, so one pedal does the job nicely.

Terry.

Terry.

If you'd typically want an effect to only be active while the pedal is controlling its parameter(s) the SP-1 would probably be a better choice. For example: would you ever want a whammy/wah to stay on at maximum pitch/freq while you use the pedal for something else like volume? That's the only thing the SP-2 can do that the SP-1 can't. (Or at least it can't w/ its switch alone, unless you have an advanced enough controller that allows toggling pedal CC# via external switch.)

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have elaborated more. I have an MFC-101 already. I'm just trying to save money by only getting two pedals and a smaller case.

Couldn't you deactivate the previous effect you use on the MIDI controller first, then change to another on the SP-2? That's only one movement more than clicking the on/off switch on the SP-1. We only have two feet (unless you're an extremely dominant or unlucky human), and one needs to keep us balanced unless we're sitting down. We can only use one at a time, but I know what you guys mean about leaving them activated while using other effects on top.

Last edited:
Also, what is the 'R' option? I know the site explains, but it's always good to hear from others with firsthand experience.

Couldn't you deactivate the previous effect you use on the MIDI controller first, then change to another on the SP-2? That's only one movement more than clicking the on/off switch on the SP-1. We only have two feet (unless you're an extremely dominant or unlucky human), and one needs to keep us balanced unless we're sitting down. We can only use one at a time, but I know what you guys mean about leaving them activated while using other effects on top.

Yes, but you could toggle between effects using only the SP-1 switch if you wanted. Or just switch one IA off, another on then go back to the pedal. The SP-2 ends up requiring the same amount or more switching work in every example I can think of, and (for someone with an MFC) the one example above could be performed with any normal pedal by switching to an alternate preset (mapped to same Axe-FX preset but using a different CC# for the pedal).

Back
Top Bottom