Two midi controllers: Pod Hd 500 and FCB1010?

prufroc8

I have done a search, so far I have only found one post that touches upon the idea of using two midi controllers with the Axe Fx2 (mk2 in my case). I have been trying to figure out if this is possible. In my case, I have been using a Pod Hd 500 as my controller for some time now. I also have a FCB1010 (stock, have not gotten any of the eproms but it is a possibility). I mainly went with the Pod HD500 back when because it was easier to edit and it was also a backup in case something happened to the Axe. Over the past year I have thought about combining the two. I don't have an absolute need to do so, but another controller would open up options that could be helpful. The biggest draw for me is the two extra expression pedals. And I am sure I could find functions that would be useful with extra footswitches.

To head off some possible questions: I don't have the money (I do in theory, practically there is no money to spend on extraneous purchases at this point in time) to buy the MFC or similar controller, nor to buy multiple expression pedals. I am just considering if I can use what I already have in a productive manner; and part of it is simply for the sake of doing so.

At any rate, I am wondering if anyone has been able to accomplish something similar? From what I have seen so far, I may need a midi merge box to make it work. Any ideas, tips, etc would be appreciated.

yes you can control the axe fx with 2 controllers, but if the 2 controllers have any switches that share the same command there will be no update of the switch state on the other controller when one is pressed. I have used the pod and the fcb1010. I have also used the fcb1010 with the mfc. I used the second controller as a satellite controller not for more switches.

Thanks for your response, it is good to know that this is not a fruitless endeavor. One question comes to mind: when you used the pod and the FCB1010, did it require a midi merger? I was considering if the midi out of one could go to the midi in of the other and then both midi signals routed together, but I don't know if it will work that way.

I did not use any merger. With the pod and the fcb I just used midi in and out. With the mfc I used fas link and midi

Back
Top Bottom